Lobby: Up
Online: 41
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:04 am 

The_Carrot wrote:
Ask questions if you got questions, then there's this

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9108

I am sorry going around and dumping on people and then being informative does not give you a pass. You may wish to apologize to people you have hurt.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:01 am 

Did I hurt your feelings?

Poor guy

You could always search youtube for some cartoons to watch, that'll make ya feel better /comfort

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:20 am 

The_Carrot wrote:
Did I hurt your feelings?

I think you are right, you're the type of person that projects, so you were right when you admitted you insist on the last word. How is that working for you?

After 33 pages you just shove one liners in front of peoples faces, your not defending ideas or trying to contribute. Oh maybe you could read up on the social contract. It might help you it might not.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:05 am 

lets not get sidetracked here folks, keep it on topic.

Nasomi shot his server in the foot because he thought being average was better than being good. 5 years of modifying dsp only to end up back at the fork for adopting too much era stuff. Congrats my man. Wanting an era server, by having started from an open-source era server emulator, is like wanting to be the top burger flipper at McDonalds. Completely average and default. Real nice goals there, Nasomi. Good job duder. I look forward to the day you get your retarded OWNM's out of the game too, as i'm sure most people do. It was always fun losing a bunch of exp as a 75 walking through a safe zone for no goddamn reason cause your dumb monsters would aggro and link with mobs around it. :?

Remember when every cluster went offline and took half the website with it last month? was down for like 7 hours cause nas was sleeping? but the front page still said 600~ people were online, despite most of everyone who was online at the time flooding into naschat to complain about being unable to log in?

is the adjusted population number on the front page floating or is it just static. or is it just like [current logins]x2 ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:28 am 

>>>"Keep it on topic"
<<<"Derails post from pointing out an in era nerf, to claiming the server is dying"

Not sure what you mean by shot himself in the foot. This server has grown very consistently since I joined. Even after Twitch's most popular streamer left the server population only dropped by 100-200 people on average, while it grew 400-500 people. I find it amazing 1500 people log onto one of the most grindfest MMOs, thats set to a time frame from 13 years ago. Enjoy it for what it is

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:38 am 

Why do you all keep doing this for the same 3 people?

He said, over and over, he’s only played ffxi for a few months. It’s not exactly stunning that he has no idea what he’s talking about.

Him saying that the games challenges should come from the players purposefully playing with shitty things, instead of the things they’ve worked hard for, just so he doesn’t suck at the game is basically a self-parody.

Last edited by Wolffhardt on Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:26 pm 

I have a pretty good idea of the things i'm talking about. What I don't have the greatest idea of is how this game was played originally in 2006 or whatever. I can account for much of what I've done and learned since starting in April though, along with the opinions of far more people than have chimed in on the forums of how they felt about the nasomi server.

unfortunately this forum is a pretty worthless place, both for communication between a wide variety of people as well as communication to or from nasomi himself.

I'm gonna wager nasomi is actually an idiot though since it took him 5 years to figure there was something "wrong" with cures and protect. I'm gonna double-up on it by citing shitty random maintenance patches that break random things and fail to actually define what was changed. I'll further let it ride on the idea that he failed to understand his server previously actually offered something unique, which was a retail experience with a 75cap lacking the later solo-oriented jobs -- which he's decided to abandon for a generic era-accurate DSP server setup which fuckin anyone else much less Eden as the next competitor was already doing, ironically defeating much of his own efforts in forking from DSP in the first place, and doubly ironically putting it in the spotlight just how poorly designed and unbalanced the early era of FFXI was. Meanwhile there are still a shitton of bugs and unimplemented features that are era-appropriate. This game was kinda fun back in May, and I'd assume it was pretty decent for the 5 years before June 2019 as well, but the pace of it now compared to what it was in April or May is pretty much 100% slower and more difficult. You're really way too late in the game to have suddenly only just now decided to actually have those era values, Nas. I can imagine a retort against me being like "why don't you make your own server with your own blahlahblah" but all the same, Nas had something going here that he just fuckin dropped trou', squatted over and dropped a log on for no apparent reason. Fucking no-one, even the more autistic rude shitters, were crying about or noticing the out of era values, which is why I can imagine they were left alone for so damn long -- or unless nasomi just copied the wrong shit over from the DSP git and those values got changed without him really knowing.

I was leveling BLM too, cause it was unfortunately starting to seem like the faggot meta of burns was the only way I was gonna be abled to get merits -- but I had no intention of really wanting to play BLM for a longtime, which these patches that have killed curing and protect have all but guaranteed burn parties are comparatively even more efficient than anything else now.

I'm not up for this experimental emotional rollercoaster of whatever the hell this is. I just wanted to play a game and have some fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:29 pm 

So.... you knowingly joined a server with a stated goal of being something you have no knowledge of, and are now angry when you’ve realized what that means in practice?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:32 pm 

I’m just glad this dude didn’t have RNG leveled, I’d hate to see him after some actual dumb changes instead of these reasonable fixes.

Does Nas understand every mechanic and inner workings of all jobs, for end-game? No, I don’t think he does..... least he doesn’t think we’re playing a big sandbox where players can challenge themselves though rofl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:54 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
So.... you knowingly joined a server with a stated goal of being something you have no knowledge of, and are now angry when you’ve realized what that means in practice?

I joined a server stating it was going after 2005-era FFXI, that had been running for 5 years.
Excuse me and Sorry for thinking Nasomi was actually competent and had already done most of the work to make his goal truthful 5 years ago. Christ I've developed entire games in 4 months and this dude can't even get around to some of the most obvious on-screen numbers in 5 fuckin years even though he's been riding on the laurels of an open-source project with documentation for how to run and customize your own server? It's either this guy is an idiot or its just a sub-hobby of his that he just kinda dinks around with sometimes without putting nearly as much serious thoughtful consideration into as I guess I'd fooled myself into expecting.

Unfortunately I've been 'tainted' by his failure to have taken so long to make such seemingly obvious changes, in that I got to taste those semi-retail values and thought that was just the way the game was, and got to building playstyles and confidence around them which have all been stripped right from beneath my feet. Had I started playing in January, after 3 months I could probably be pretty helpful to a lot of people and new players starting out themselves. But since I've started in April, after 3 months I just don't barely fuckin know jack shit cause the memories i've formed of how to play this game are all pretty worthless and need to be refigured because nas is just randomly fuckin around changing shit behind the scenes can't keep his pecker in his pants. I could say one thing to help someone along and the next day I'm a fuckin liar for it cause nas changed the goddamn game. I might have a couple 30+ jobs and a 75, but as a player I feel like I don't know much at all anymore. I know even before these nerfs that the game offered challenging enough content even just in the variety of EXP parties to cause at least one death a day, maybe a party wipe, but now it's just like... Fuck, are crawler camps in bhaflau or zhayolm even viable anymore? Idolators in caedarva? Are the things I wanted to try soloing even still on the menu? fuckin probably not. Here I was thinking it'd be tough shit to get a party together to go after charybdys for a joyeuse, but now nah man -- need a goddamned alliance probably.

The meta of this game is just gettin too stupid for me. /nin blink tanking and blm burns have gotten even better while WHM and PLD eat a dick. There's barely any balance between main jobs as-is with obvious good and bad choices, and next to zero freedom of unique playstyles for subjobs cause it just turns into /nin for utsusemi. I can't stress enough that this 'era' of FFXI was actually a dark time in it's history and it boggles my mind it would be preferred.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next