Lobby: Up
Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:51 pm 

Hello,
I have recently started on this server. I am having an issue where if my log is showing 1 or more lines I am unable to access any menus. This includes the game menu, combat menu, npc chat menu etc. I can move around but I also cannot target any monsters or npcs while the log in showing. I have tried looking through the config troubleshooting wiki but I am not seeing this issue listed.

I am on 1080P Windows 10
Playing the game on a secondary monitor (1920x1080) - Primary monitor also at 1920x1080. Using primary monitor did not resolve the issue.
I have set Ashita to run as admin.
I have changed compatibility to Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by: Application.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:21 pm 

It sounds like the log is "Selected". When yoou hit the + on the num pad and then enter is how you expand logs. Try hitting escape the next time this happens.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:29 pm 

I have to do that every time to be able to do anything.

For example when speaking with an NPC their chat dialogue shows in the log and then it opens a menu for how to interact with the NPC. However in my case because the log is active from my talking to the npc the menu doesn't show. And if I hit esc it stops talking to the NPC first then started closing the log.

Here is a quick youtube video I just made kind of showing it. You can see when the log is not open I can open menus but when the log is up from my interaction with Harara it doesn't open the menu. There is a quick flash like it's trying to but then just closes immediately.

https://youtu.be/Pkr_qMoT5WE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:54 pm 

This is a rare Ashita bug that was never fixed. You can play without using Ashita, or maybe you can try re-installing the game to see if that does anything.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:09 pm 

OK thanks for the reply. I will try reinstalling it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:50 pm 

Thanks for the suggesting but a reinstall did not fix this issue. I have already tried installing Ashita v3. I was able to get the game running but ran into the same issue. Can I use other applications such as windower to open this or how do I play on this server without Ashita?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:56 pm 

I can't provide support for using Windower.

To connect without Ashita, you can create a shortcut for C:\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\Ashita\ffxi-bootmod\boot.exe and then right clicking it.

Change the Target to C:\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\Ashita\ffxi-bootmod\boot.exe --server nasomi.com --hairpin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:15 pm 

Just as a followup in case this issue pops up in the future. I played with some settings and found that if I play the game windowed with show border selected it will not let me access my menus however once I removed the "show border" option in the window configurations for Ashita it started working fine. I know this may not be a problem or fix for everyone but it is something to try in case anyone else has the same issue in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:37 pm 

Thank you for the solution Takashix2, unchecking show border solved the deal.