Lobby: Up
Online: 19
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:07 am 

Hey guys, tried to keep this short but if you have a windows 7 machine that you either just did a fresh install of the OS or haven't used in a lonnnnng time then you may run into the same problem I had trying to run Nasomi

Basically I installed Nasomi, tried to run it & got this error: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-|1-1-0.dll is missing

Then I proceeded to try to update windows & visual c++, which led to just getting mad until I found this site by finally searching something about getting windows 7 sp2 installed, before this i had also ran chkdsk and scf /scannow to find no errors with either (using the troubleshooter on windows update did not help either, neither did manually stopping services in order to delete the update cache - which on a side note was about 1GB in size - so worth it to do just to reclaim that space)

After finally getting the visual c redistribution updated properly (which took more tries than it should have for me so it may be better to get the windows 7 update from below first then run the vc-redist installer) I followed the steps listed in the following site:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-update/how-to-obtain-and-install-windows-7-sp2/c2c7009f-3a10-4199-9c89-48e1e883051e

P.S: after i restarted following this update i did notice a couple annoying things, it reassigned my monitors which i had to correct, as well as my volume had messed up so i had to mess with device manager to get it working.
P.S.S: saw several guides with people claiming to have let their windows update sit all night/over a day while it sits there "Checking for updates" - don't do this, if your internet is working then windows update should be almost immediately showing you the available updates

:thumbs: