Lobby: Up
Online: 57
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hiccups in game
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:56 pm 

So I've been experiencing slight hiccups of lag while playing. I will be running and a very mild lag spike will hit every few seconds. I checked internet speeds and they are great, i updated my routers drivers, I updated my graphics cards drivers, and have looked online to try to find something to help fix this but have been unsuccessful. I am also using a ps4 controller via ds4 and have noticed that any time I hit the circle button while running I also experience a hiccup from that as well. Can anyone offer an help with these issues?

Last edited by Undyingflame on Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Hiccups in game
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:44 am 

Go to wherever you installed Nasomi/FFXI, go into the SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ToolsUS folder and launch the "FFXiPadConfig" program, uncheck "Enable Gamepad" and hit OK, then restart Nasomi.

Unless, of course, you're playing with a controller - in that case, you need to make sure that the controller stays on and 'connected' (as in, pushing a button will make your character do a thing), otherwise it'll hiccup every 3-ish seconds while it polls for the missing controller.

I'd put cool pics of my achievements/items here, if they were anything interesting. How about "I pooped today! \o/"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:30 am 

Yea I'm playing with a controller. I tried unplugging my controller uninstalling and reinstalling nasomi, unchecking enable gamepad, closing ashida, playing with kb and mouse and still got the stutter. I reopened the config and turned enable gamepad back on. I was initially using ds4 to play with my ps4 controller and had it plugged into the front usb port on my pc. I plugged it into the port in the back out of desperation to see if that would do anything and microsoft installed drivers for the controller, so I stopped using ds4 and can play without it running in the background now but im still getting the stuttering. I tried using an xbox controller but that changed nothing. I tried changing the fps to 60 and that did nothing. I restarted my pc and checked the gamepadconfig settings in the actual ff11 files and that did nothing. I've been trying to resolve this for hours. There has to be some other way to fix it.
if it helps at all my specs are as follows:
PC- Alienware X-51
Windows 10
Intel core i5-3330 cpu @ 3.00ghz (4CPU's) ~3.00 ghz
8.00gb ram
Directx 12

Thank you for reaching out though, I appreciate you trying to help.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:36 am 

Have you tried getting in the game without controller and disabling controller to determine if the controller is actually the issue?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:46 am 

Yes I have. The issue persisted so I dont believe its the controller. I tried so many options pertaining to the controller because every fix I found online was related to it but I have literally tried everything. Like I said before I even uninstalled the game, unplugged everything, uninstalled ds4, reinstalled the game and booted it with just kb and mouse with gamepad disabled and the issue persisted. I've also found that there is a delay when locking/unlocking on targets. Not sure if it is related though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:16 am 

when my game was glitching it was my antivirus. Weird stuff happened lol.

Maybe can try altering that if you have one?

Our recent accomplishments

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:39 am 

No antivirus issue, I've tried that earlier.

I literally just finished taking my pc apart and completely cleaning everything to see if maybe it was just overheating and I'm still having the stuttering issue.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:25 pm 

Bump, Still dealing with this issue. Anyone else have any advice or tips to offer?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:17 am 

I apologize for persistently posting here but I have swapped from using the nvidia graphics card to the integrated graphics card and I am no longer receiving the stuttering issue. The game looks noticeably worse though and now my sound isnt working. I'm posting this in the hopes that someone tech savvy can see a clue from all this. Maybe some configuration I can do in my nvidia graphics settings or something?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:44 am 

Have you tried this? https://forums.ashitaxi.com/viewtopic.php?t=142