Lobby: Up
Online: 58
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lag during HNMs?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:31 pm 

I'm fairly new to the HNM scene but have noticed that whenever an HNM pops, I immediately lag to the point it takes 3-4 minutes to cast a spell. There have even been times where i'll be dead on others screens but standing still on my screen until I randomly die. I turn off all chat settings, weather effects, shadows, etc and it still happens.

Before the HNM spawns, everything is perfectly fine. It's only when it spawns do I lag like that. I've heard that it's because there are too many people in zone; however, I have been at turtle with maybe 30 people in the zone and it happened. I have also been told to use an older launcher? Any ideas, suggestions? There are a few people I have talked to that experience the same issue. Thanks guys!

Post subject: Re: Lag during HNMs?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:24 am 

Nothing can really fix , also some people lag more some people less , Vos is terrible but usually it starts lag when 100+ ppl are there

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:04 pm 

There's no way that's the solution. I understand lag, but this is almost like the game freezes just for me for 3-4 minutes. I can see people running around and I can run around just my actions are non-existent. I guess it just doesn't make sense to me why this only happens when the HNM spawns. People are casting tons of spells and abilities and what not during the window in preparation for the pop so the idea of "too many people doing stuff at once" doesn't seem right. And again, i've been in VoS with around 30 people and everything is perfectly fine until Aspid or Adamantoise spawns...then game frozen.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:23 pm 

You will need to educate yourself on strings, chunks, packets, max values uploadable, interval timing and synchronizing, and the infamous "autoclaim" nasomi uses in order to understand the root of the problem at HNM camps, not to mention log caches and what custom pulls the nasomi server yanks from your data just before, at the time of, and until the next chunk is sent. It's a part of a bigger picture that can't really be explained in detail by anyone besides nasomi. I doubt he will explain it in detail, because of hidden ZDEs that may exist and because alot of people would possibly just stop participating in his HNM scene. To sum up my personal interpretation though, it's not just you, but it is you, hope that makes no sense at all ^^ good luck.