Lobby: Up
Online: 42
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: FFXI-3101
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:29 am 

Hi, I've been trying to play but I keep getting this error. I followed the steps on the FAQ and a few post advice but I keep getting that.
I only have 1 character and deleted/created a new one but it's still the same.

Post subject: Re: FFXI-3101
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:11 am 

Nawi wrote:
Hi, I've been trying to play but I keep getting this error. I followed the steps on the FAQ and a few post advice but I keep getting that.

A friend of mine wants to play with me and he is running into the same issue. I tested a few things just to be sure.

1. Changed names 5+ times(he also tried multiple times so I'm sure it wasn't that the name was taken.)
2. I tried to log onto his account and make a character for him to no avail (I did this to see if maybe he was having a port issue as per the FAQ)
3. I had a 3rd slot available on my forum account So I went ahead and tried to make another mule character. I received the 3101 error here as well.
4. Just to be sure I tried on both launchers, same outcome.
5. Just to double check again after trying this I tested the characters I had made already, both were able to log in with no issues.
6. I tried using Unstuck on his character to see if maybe there was something wrong with the new character connecting to a starting area, this also did not work.

At this point I'm at a loss. I have no idea what could possibly be wrong :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:37 pm 

Nawi wrote:

I had this issue due to multiple toons on the same account. Ended up having to delete all but one. After I deleted the others, I logged out, went to the account page on the website, then went to maintenance and hit clear session to make sure the game didn’t think my character was online.

I’ve also noticed that if you aren’t quick about making a new character, it’ll give you an error when you try to finalize it and enter the game

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:33 pm 

Varg wrote:
Nawi wrote:

I had this issue due to multiple toons on the same account. Ended up having to delete all but one. After I deleted the others, I logged out, went to the account page on the website, then went to maintenance and hit clear session to make sure the game didn’t think my character was online.

I’ve also noticed that if you aren’t quick about making a new character, it’ll give you an error when you try to finalize it and enter the game

Just tried that suggestion as well, same result. Gets past creation, registers character, then 3101 as it loading the actual game :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:27 pm 

So an update: It actually did turn out to be a port issue. I couldn't find what port to open from searching so I just opened ALL of them. Boom worked like a charm. Thank you for trying to help and for being patient with me. I really do appreciate it. My test of just being able to log in clearly wasn't enough lol. Again thanks a bunch and I hope this helps the OP with their issue :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:05 am 

Does anyone know what ports does Nasomi use?