Lobby: Up
Online: 44
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:13 pm 

Gollum wrote:
You need to have completed the other 6 prime avatars first before you can flag the quest (or at least have collected the whispers, I don't think you _actually_ have to trade them in, but you might as well). I confirmed this myself recently, as I was able to tag along with a group doing Fenrir before finishing all 6 of the primes and Leepe-Hoppe wouldn't flag it for me. Once I finished all 6, I was able to initiate and immediately turn in/complete the quest. You mentioned that you only had Carbuncle and Ifrit earlier, so I assume you're in the same boat.

WROOOOONNNGGG!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:40 pm 

trann wrote:
Gollum wrote:
You need to have completed the other 6 prime avatars first before you can flag the quest (or at least have collected the whispers, I don't think you _actually_ have to trade them in, but you might as well). I confirmed this myself recently, as I was able to tag along with a group doing Fenrir before finishing all 6 of the primes and Leepe-Hoppe wouldn't flag it for me. Once I finished all 6, I was able to initiate and immediately turn in/complete the quest. You mentioned that you only had Carbuncle and Ifrit earlier, so I assume you're in the same boat.

WROOOOONNNGGG!!!

Which part? Because having the 6 whispers before you can start the quest to unlock Fenrir is 100% correct.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:23 pm 

Only need the whisper from the win on nasomi last I checked, never needed to have your own bauble for entrance. People have just used someone elses bauble to enter and win to get whisper, then the noc starts the dialogue with "you managed to defeat a prime" blah and they just pick their reward. Should orobably he fixed to require your own bauble, but has been like this for 6 years now, I imagine it hasn't been touched, last time I seen it done for the win without having their iwn bauble was about 3 months ago. *shrugs*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:27 pm 

Anyone with bauble can get the win for someone without, and the person without can still collect the whisper for Fenrir. Broken on Nasomi but nice for people who want an easier way to get Fen. Also Fen is pretty easy with 2-3 BLMs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:31 pm 

The_Carrot wrote:
Only need the whisper from the win on nasomi last I checked, never needed to have your own bauble for entrance. People have just used someone elses bauble to enter and win to get whisper, then the noc starts the dialogue with "you managed to defeat a prime" blah and they just pick their reward. Should orobably he fixed to require your own bauble, but has been like this for 6 years now, I imagine it hasn't been touched, last time I seen it done for the win without having their iwn bauble was about 3 months ago. *shrugs*

I received my whisper from helping kill Fenrir, I couldn't turn in the whisper until I flagged the quest with the other 6 whispers. Granted this was early-mid 2018 so it may not be working this way now.

Edit: Everyone SHOULD be required to have a bauble to enter or only those with it get the whisper.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:52 pm 

I agree, baubles before entry should be a thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:27 am 

Yeah, it's that way here with most of the 'everyone needs a key item to enter' fights, it seems. Divine Might, Fenrir, any of the Prime battles (I can't remember if everyone needed a fork in retail to enter, maybe not?).

And yeah, I was specifically referring to *flagging* the Fenrir quest, not getting into the Fenrir fight itself. I just wasn't sure if simply collecting the 6 whispers was enough or if you needed to turn them all in (I turned all mine in before trying to talk to the NPC again).

I'd put cool pics of my achievements/items here, if they were anything interesting. How about "I pooped today! \o/"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:52 pm 

Gollum wrote:

Do you mean you just did them all to get the avatars? or got all the whispers?

The reason I ask is because I cant flag the Titan quest either, he just says the dialogue as if you just beat it over and over.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:07 pm 

Kazen wrote:
The_Carrot wrote:

I received my whisper from helping kill Fenrir, I couldn't turn in the whisper until I flagged the quest with the other 6 whispers. Granted this was early-mid 2018 so it may not be working this way now.

Edit: Everyone SHOULD be required to have a bauble to enter or only those with it get the whisper.

It got broken at some point. Fenrir was the first avatar I had on my summoner after Carbuncle, heh.

I still only have Carbuncle, Fenrir, and Diablos... I should go do the others...

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:17 pm 

Makiba wrote:
Gollum wrote:

Do you mean you just did them all to get the avatars? or got all the whispers?

The reason I ask is because I cant flag the Titan quest either, he just says the dialogue as if you just beat it over and over.

I was working on getting them all, so yeah, I flagged each of the 6 quests, went and killed them all and then turned them in. I only tried talking to the Fenrir NPC again after finishing em all. My alt wasn't able to flag 2 of the avatar quests (due to fame), and he can't flag Fenrir even though I have all 6 whisper KIs (since I took him into each battle), which leads me to believe that you at least have to have all 6 prime quests flagged before Leepe-Hoppe will flag Fenrir.

What I'm not sure on:
1) Can you flag the Fenrir quest if you've flagged the other 6, but not actually done any/all of the fights?
2) If you do need to have done all 6 fights, do you need have completed the quests (turned in the whispers) before you can flag Fenrir?

I'm assuming #1 is a no, and #2 is a yes, but I didn't think to try either case.

As far as not being able to flag Titan, it sounds like a quest flag is stuck :( Have you tried beating the prime fight again/getting another whisper and see if it lets you turn it in for something else? Maybe try either the evoker ring item or gil/etc. and see if that clears the stuck flag.

I'd put cool pics of my achievements/items here, if they were anything interesting. How about "I pooped today! \o/"

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next