Online: 51
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Log in 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:17 pm 

PasqualeOmega wrote:
If you are ablr to assign different ip to each 1 every issue will go away for sure

The DHCP service that is running on nearly every internal network in existence already does this. You can assign a unique static IP to each PC, but I highly doubt this will make any difference. Nas does not see these internal addresses on his side, his servers only see a public IP address and port number, which is the same public IP regardless of how many client PCs are trying to connect from the same location. His servers also DO NOT see your MAC addresses. MAC addresses are only used between network nodes, and do not pass between networks. The "border" for your network into another is a router. This is why they are often referred to as gateways.

Ramses wrote:
Had a similar issue tonight with my wife and I trying to log in. Verified that my network is assigning unique MAC and IP addresses but still no luck. Appears to be a common theme on the forums so hopefully it gets some attention?

Unless you have a MAC spoofing service running on your network, nothing is assigning MAC addresses. MACs are unique addresses hardcoded into the device itself. I do not think there is much you can do from your end, other than restart your router and modem when having issues. My guess here is that Nas' servers are having a hard time distinguishing between sessions from the same public IP. Could be a problem in configuration, could be ddos protection, could be that ddos attacks are slowing the login server's ability to distinguish sessions, could even be a problem with his server and certain ISPs blocking ports. Who knows. I've had these issues with logging in two characters at once and nothing I have done has ever fixed it, and I have a degree in this crap. Like many Nas problems, they seem to come and go in waves.

Post subject: Re: Log in 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:32 pm 

Gweenz wrote:
PasqualeOmega wrote:
If you are ablr to assign different ip to each 1 every issue will go away for sure

The DHCP service that is running on nearly every internal network in existence already does this. You can assign a unique static IP to each PC, but I highly doubt this will make any difference. Nas does not see these internal addresses on his side, his servers only see a public IP address and port number, which is the same public IP regardless of how many client PCs are trying to connect from the same location. His servers also DO NOT see your MAC addresses. MAC addresses are only used between network nodes, and do not pass between networks. The "border" for your network into another is a router. This is why they are often referred to as gateways.

Ramses wrote:
Had a similar issue tonight with my wife and I trying to log in. Verified that my network is assigning unique MAC and IP addresses but still no luck. Appears to be a common theme on the forums so hopefully it gets some attention?

Unless you have a MAC spoofing service running on your network, nothing is assigning MAC addresses. MACs are unique addresses hardcoded into the device itself. I do not think there is much you can do from your end, other than restart your router and modem when having issues. My guess here is that Nas' servers are having a hard time distinguishing between sessions from the same public IP. Could be a problem in configuration, could be ddos protection, could be that ddos attacks are slowing the login server's ability to distinguish sessions, could even be a problem with his server and certain ISPs blocking ports. Who knows. I've had these issues with logging in two characters at once and nothing I have done has ever fixed it, and I have a degree in this crap. Like many Nas problems, they seem to come and go in waves.

Appreciate the insight and catch on the MAC address. I was mostly trying to reply to what was originally thought of as a potential cause, to show it's happening regardless of those things. I'm definitely not a network guru though! Here's hoping this wave subsides.