Lobby: Up
Online: 76
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:00 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Log in 3
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:56 pm 

We are having a hard time logging in. We have 3 people trying to log on in one house. We have everyone log in one at a time, however, once the second or third person logs in, it shows their character on the selection screen, but once in-game, it shows one of our other characters, booting the actual logged in person. We've tried clearing our sessions, rebooting our router and just giving time. We've logging in before with no issues, but this entire weekend has been messed up.

Post subject: Re: Log in 3
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:29 pm 

Could try assigning static IP through your router for each connection. May want to check to see if your router is set to cloning MAC address also, if it is then the server will think you're all signing in from the same computer. You basically want the server to know you're on different machines, so you'll need to setup your network environment to communicate that clearly.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:54 am 

I have our ips static for all 3 computers, and set them up on the router as well. I don't see anything about cloning MAC in my router, so I don't know if that's the problem? I've looked through everything and only found MAC filtering which is disabled. I have a Comtrend CT-5374 router.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:15 am 

I get issues like this when I try to log in my characters simultaneously. Have you tried waiting until each character is fully in game before doing the next one?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:31 am 

Concepcion wrote:
I get issues like this when I try to log in my characters simultaneously. Have you tried waiting until each character is fully in game before doing the next one?

Yes, I have let one character sit online for 5-10 minutes before logging on the next. Doesn't matter because once that 3rd person tries to log in, they usually end up showing the 2nd logged in's character, causing the 2nd to be booted. :?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:33 am 

My best advice then would be to carefully check the troubleshooting section of the Wiki for problems like yours.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:34 am 

The troubleshooting says about it possibly being a blocked server or port. My question now is what do I do to possibly unblock it?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:07 am 

Me and one of my friends are having an issue that is somewhat similar to this. There are 3 of us playing in the same house and we have been playing all at the same time without any issues until last night. Only me and one friend are having problems thought, the other one seems unaffected so far.

The problem only occurs when we try to go in the same zone together. If i zone in his area, I will either get a black screen and he will dc, or sometimes i will zone through and be on his char instead of mine and he will also dc. If i try to log in while he is in the zone i would appear in, he dc's and i end up on his character, even thought i selected mine on selection screen. It also happens when the roles are reversed. We cant play together anymore because of this and I don't really feel like playing anymore until the issue is resolved, if it ever gets resolved.

We have restarted router, reset and refreshed our IPs and adaptors, switched our cable ports, passed cables through a splitter, we have waited long minutes between loggins, wandered around in differents places and zoning before coming back together and even reinstalled and nothing worked so far.

I know our problems sound different but there are similar symptoms and variables so, maybe the cause and fix may be similar as well. Hopefully we get some help soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:36 am 

If you are ablr to assign different ip to each 1 every issue will go away for sure

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:22 am 

Had a similar issue tonight with my wife and I trying to log in. Verified that my network is assigning unique MAC and IP addresses but still no luck. Appears to be a common theme on the forums so hopefully it gets some attention?