Lobby: Up
Online: 60
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:50 am 

I've followed all these steps already:

After completing Sharpening the Sword, speak with Ailbeche (J-9 in Northern San d'Oria) as a level 50+ Paladin and he'll request a Giant Shell Bug.
Talk to Exoroche at (K-7) in Helbrot's Blades shop in Southern San d'Oria for a cutscene.
You are not required to be a Paladin after this step.
Return to Ailbeche who tells you Giant Shell Bugs can be found in Crawlers' Nest.
Obtain one or several Giant Shell Bugs. You can buy them on the AH, or follow the steps below.
From the entrance to Crawler's Nest, use exit A at (H-8).
On map 2, find the small alcove at (H-9). The ??? is tucked away in the far end. Check it to spawn Dreadbug, which will drop 1-4 Giant Shell Bugs.
Trade the Giant Shell Bug to Ailbeche.
If you have multiples and you are skilled at fishing up monsters, you can skip this step until after you fish up Odontotyrannus.
Obtain a fishing rod, then head to the small pond on map 2 of Castle Oztroja.
From the entrance, go through the Brass Door at (I-8) on map 1. To avoid the trapdoor, throw one lever and then quickly move backwards.
On map 3, use exit F at (G-7).
On map 7, use exit I at (I-7).
Head to (H-8/9) on map 2 to find a pool of water with Oozes in it.
Fish up Odontotyrannus using your fishing rod and Giant Shell Bug. You will lose your bait and obtain Odontotyrannus (Item).
Return to Northern San d'Oria and trade the Odontotyrannus to Ailbeche.
If you did not trade your Giant Shell Bug to Ailbeche before, do it now.

When I try to trade him (Trade the Odontotyrannus to Zaldon (H-9) at the Fisherman's Guild in Selbina to receive the KeyItemKnight's Boots) he just stands there.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:45 pm 

Yeah, I had this trouble too. What happened was, after you got your shell bug you went to fish up Odontotyrannus before going back to Sandoria and trading the shell bug to Ailbeche.

What you have to do now is throw away the Odontotyrannus you have now, go get another giant shell bug, and trade it to Ailbeche for a cutscene, THEN, you go and fish up the NM. That should fix it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:17 am 

Right on, thanks for the help Eldy! U rock!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:23 pm 

followed these steps to try and fix my issues, not working. here's what I did to no avail.

I have found an issue with the PLD AF2 quest - "A Boy's Dream"

Everything was going fine. I was following the steps from ffxiclopedia.

I started quest
talked to daddy
talked to boy
traded boy Giant Shell Bug and saw cutscene
fished up NM and got rare/ex fish....
even did the optional part of taking the fish back to the boy...
but when I went to the fisherman's guild in Selbina, Zaldron would not accept the fish. i tried a few times, logged and talked to him and traded everyone in the guild...no dice.

I then looked up and saw people had this issue, but they had to drop the fish and start over. They were mentioning the part where you trade the bug to the kid and getting the cutscene being the part that causes the glitch, but I did that...

So...they said you need to drop the fish and try over...so I did. I dropped the rare/ex fish and traded the bug to the kid again. Got the cutscene AGAIN and was off to Castle Oztroja to fish up the Nm again...

Except the fish wasn't spawning for me anymore. Did this for an hour at least with no results. I even warped out and bought a new bug, still nothing.

=(