Lobby: Up
Online: 60
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 530 Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:10 pm 

waffles wrote:
hello, i am trying to make a game account but the Account tab seems to be automatically logging me out. when I login using my forum credentials, it gives me an error.

I'm having the same problem right now. I'd really like to get into this, but I can't seem to find a way around the login.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:22 pm 

Dong Quixote wrote:
waffles wrote:
hello, i am trying to make a game account but the Account tab seems to be automatically logging me out. when I login using my forum credentials, it gives me an error.

I'm having the same problem right now. I'd really like to get into this, but I can't seem to find a way around the login.

Forum account and game account should be separate. You create a game account, then link it to your forum account. Hope this is the problem.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:24 pm 

exelyon wrote:
Dong Quixote wrote:
waffles wrote:

Forum account and game account should be separate. You create a game account, then link it to your forum account. Hope this is the problem.

Unfortunately, I dont think it is - I went through the whole process to create a game account linked to the forum account.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:35 pm 

Dong Quixote wrote:
exelyon wrote:
Dong Quixote wrote:

Unfortunately, I dont think it is - I went through the whole process to create a game account linked to the forum account.

Create forum account, verify forum account through email. Maybe there's a wait period.

Create game accounts that can be completely different user names from forum account. Up to three.

Which part are you getting stuck at?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:12 pm 

Duelly wrote:
Downloaded on a freshly reformatted laptop with a clean windows install.

Installed everything just as I had with my PC, but cannot get the actual game to launch.

The Icon on my desktop for nasomi launcher does nothing. I run as administrator. I see the window pop up for half a second, and then poof.

When following the filepath and opening from ashitas, I am given the option to select the screen size per normal, then the window allowing me to login to my account pulls up. I login to my account, and it prepares to launch, but the game never launches. Note that I run everything as administrator.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am having this problem to. It led me to this fix here on the wiki:

""Sending Key.. Closing.." and nothing happens
Cause: If you're on a 32 bit system, the registry file is buggy in the v17 of the installer
Fix: Within your installer folder, find the 64 bit registry file. Right click, edit, ctrl+h (find+replace) "\WOW6432Node" with a blank. This will make the paths look like: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS] instead of [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\PlayOnlineUS]. If you used a drive other than C during installation, edit the file to reflect this. Save the file, run it, and then you should be able to run the game."

but when i open the registry file it looks like this:

"SOFTWARE\\PlayOnline%s\\", szLanguageTags[langId]);
strcat_s(szRegistryPath, MAX_PATH, parent);

HKEY hKey = NULL;
if (!(::RegOpenKeyExA(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, szRegistryPath, 0, KEY_WRITE | KEY_QUERY_VALUE | KEY_WOW64_32KEY, &hKey) == ERROR_SUCCESS))
return false;

auto ret = ::RegSetValueExA(hKey, keyName, NULL, REG_DWORD, (LPBYTE)&dwValue, sizeof(DWORD));
RegCloseKey(hKey);

return (ret == ERROR_SUCCESS);
}
};

}; // namespace Ashita

#endif // __ASHITA_ADK_AS_REGISTRY_INCLUDED__

**i erased wow6432 to where it says key__key instead but nothing happened... help! im about to delete the game becuase i cant get it to launch.

**EDIT NOW I MADE IT TO: KEY_QUERY_VALUE) AND IT STILL DOES THE SAME THING "successfull login, hairpin fix aplied, closing... then nothing happens the game doesnt launch.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:09 pm 

What registry file did you open? That isn't what the file looks like at all.

The file you want to find and edit is "ffxi64BIT.reg". Directly in the data folder of the nasomi installer. I have -no idea- what file you've found and are editing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:14 pm 

Disclaimer: my understanding of technology is minimal, assume you are talking to an 80 y/o. Also grammar and punctuation is horrendous .

Hey there, I'm struggling to enter the game. I click on the Nasomi Launcher that was put onto my desktop during download. This brings up Ashita which works fine i choose one of the configs/ resolutions or whatever they are and the tiny black screen thing (minimal tech understanding) appears asking, what would you like to do
1) login
2) Create new account

I try to login but it just tells me its invalid username/ password
I have already created a forum and game account which I can login on the website but for some reason it wont accept it when i type option 1

I know I'm an idiot but no idea what to do, also hope I posted this right

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:43 pm 

Are you logging in with your game account?

Do you have any special characters in your password? This might make it not work. Is it longer than 16 characters? Try typing just the first 16.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:22 am 

Nabutso wrote:
What registry file did you open? That isn't what the file looks like at all.

The file you want to find and edit is "ffxi64BIT.reg". Directly in the data folder of the nasomi installer. I have -no idea- what file you've found and are editing.

Thanks for the reply but I deleted everything on the same day I made my post before I saw your reply and because the files are so big and take so much time to download and mess with im just now re-downloading the torrent file as we speak. I hope it works this time because download and installation takes an entire day to do.

Im a long time world of warcraft private server player and have played all expansions and have never had to jump through any weird complicated hoops, or install anything from an exe file which seems extremely dangerous, wow private servers you just download and play, and thats it and the files arent as big so they dont take all day to download lol.

Im kind of bored of wow right now though, and really want to try this game out for the first time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:41 am 

You uh.. you're lucky you found this server then. The other private servers take about an order of magnitude more time, and work, to even try to log on. The batch file that does the nasomi install for you is the easiest install any private server has. Having issues is very rare, you just ran into them.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 530 Next