Lobby: Up
Online: 28
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:56 pm 

Hello!

My wife and I play FFXIV a good bit and decided to give the original FFXI another try together. I made a Hume White Mage named Rumpletootskin and began playing, was having a good time yesterday. Today we both attempted to log on, I got on fine but my wife couldn't log in to the character she made. After a few attempts to log in, while I was moving from Windrust east to the Windrust docks, I suddenly got shunted into my Moghome. I also noticed my character suddenly had no name. I logged out, thinking I disconnected or something, only to see my character now doesn't exist anymore.

What happened? Is it possible for two people to play from the same RL home? Can I get Rumpletootskin back?

Thanks for your time!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:40 pm 

Did she log in with the same account as yours? Did she try to delete a character on that account?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:51 pm 

Squidlit (wife's online name) was logging in to her own account that is not connected to mine in any way. She had a red mage around level 12-13 on that account and it was no longer there when she booted the game this week. Squidlit decided to make a new red mage, but could not log into that character at all after it was made, so she deleted it. After she deleted the new red mage is when I had my issue of being shunted and then loosing my character.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:25 pm 

Deleting a character has dangerous bugs that can delete the wrong character on your account. Also accounts from the same IP can get mixed up by the server during login or relogging. Probably something like these bugs happened to you two.

To reduce problems log in one person at a time and never delete a character. The fastest solution is to start over because it is very hard to get ahold of the owner for help. You can try on Naschat though.