Lobby: Up
Online: 43
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:05 pm 

Im stuck with a the Journey Abroad mission. Can anyone help? I been following a Guide and Im not sure what I missed, or if the quest is bugged. I did the first few steps and I got the key item "Letter to the Consuls" in my inventory, so I tried going to Windurst to talk to Mourices and he doesnt say anything at all, so I ran all the way to Bastok to speak to Savae E Paleade and she just keeps saying good luck on your mission, so I assumed maybe I started the mission with her, so I proceeded speaking to the next guy according to the guide, Pius, but he just says he's too busy to talk to me and doesn't activate a cutscene, according to the guide. I donno. At this point I was so fed up that I tried going to the next step on the windurst side and ran all the way back to Windurst and spoke to Kupipi, but she isnt activating either.

Is there a way to check the phase of the mission Im on or something? Is this quest known to be bugged? Im so lost and confused. I bet I missed a step, I just dont know where. Any help would be appreciated. I cant advance to my next rank!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:16 pm 

Im just gonna bump this, as I still need help and all my progress is complete halted now.
Also follow up question, is there a GM or something that could possibly look into what phase of the mission Im on? or something? Maybe its a bug?
I've exhausted all the things I know to do. I cant abandon the quest and restart, been retracing my steps. Im completely stumped.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:15 am 

Sorry you didn't get any help sooner. Your best bet is to get onto NasChat from the main page and PM ~nasomi by double-clicking his name; you'll want to tell him everything you've shared here, and you'll probably want to send it to him 1 or 2x a day. He'll get your message after he gets through any messages prior. Be prepared to wait a little while, but please be adamant with it and he will get to you. :)

Hope everything goes well. Good luck!

I suck.
Ninja is the best job.
http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:25 am 

If you are you using a guide and it has any optional npc, they are REQUIRED on Nasomi.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:35 pm 

Been a long time since I did this mission, there's a few things I've done to remediate quest issues though.

1) Talk to issuing NPC again (even though you got the key item, go talk to him again just in case)
2) Wait 1 gameday
3) Wait until EST Midnight
4) Try talking to the NPC's again (Mourices and Savae)
5) Skip to the next part (Go talk to Kupipi) and see if she gives you the next step
6) Check your active quests in the area's in question and complete them. There are some quests that seem to block progression. IE If you have an open quest with Kupipi it's possible she's blocking you from advancing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:22 pm 

Thanks for the tips, I will follow up with a reply soon.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:43 am 

Follow up: I decided to try to follow through with the next steps of the quest, considering Savae E Paleade told me "good luck" I assumed I was on her quests. So I ran all they way down into the mines, got the sand, refined it with the machine, ran back to bastok, turned them into her, and she does nothing. So I am officially stuck.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:41 am 

Try going to nasomi.net AKA Nashcat for help but very few people in naschat to help these days. You just type your question and wait for a reply. The forum is the best option for now, but naschat is there if you seek an alternative.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:28 pm 

I had the same issue but was able to resolve it. I used this guide, which does not skip a couple NPCs that are NOT optional on Nasomi.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/San_d%27Oria_Mission_2-3

- Speak with Pius inside the President's Office located on the same floor of the Metalworks at J-8.
- You will be asked to speak to Grohm. He is inside the Craftsmen's Eatery at G-9 of the top floor

Do these steps, then Savae will accept your Mythril Sand.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:43 am 

Tried that too, didnt work.

I've been trying every step in both sections of the walk through and I cant seem to get the quest to progress. I wonder if a GM can take a look at what event flag im stuck on, or manually reset the quest for me, if thats even possible?