Lobby: Up
Online: 71
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:55 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:42 am 

Seen Nas did some updates and hopped back on to see what was going on, well on both characters with the default game. No high textures or reshade etc. I started getting flickering shadows like crazy. All over Jeuno and Bastok... for reference, here's what it looked like.

https://imgur.com/a/cMztr8p

Now my issue was, before these updates I had to use a DirectX converter because I am using a 3060 RTX gpu, the one made by the Ashita developer. Basically its just an .ini and and .dll that goes in the boot-launcher folder of ashita. Without this the game would never get past the boot.exe, it would say hairpin successful, I could see a FFXI game window but it was transparent, I could tab and tell it was trying to load. It never would though, so this was the solution to that.

Well ever since these new updates, those shadows appeared to flicker like crazy all over the place. My solution was to remove the DirectX converter. It seems that whatever Nas did recently has changed it so that I no longer need a DirectX converter for the game to load. As soon as I removed those 2 files I stopped getting the flickering shadows.

(Maybe something Nas did, maybe something Nvidia updated to allow it to convert all DirectX? I'm unsure. I just know 2 weeks or so before the maintenances I had no issues with the shadows and after the maintenances I came to check things out and found issues. Nvidia auto updates so I'm unsure if I got an update between then and now)

Just posting this because I didn't see Nas post anything about graphics or directX changes in these maintenance/update notes. And I cannot connect to Naschat to show the video of what was happening and how I resolved the issue so that if anyone else comes across it. This could be a possible solution for you.