Lobby: Up
Online: 6
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 2230 Next
 Post subject: Re: Current Issues/Bugs
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:03 am 

Found a bug with storage and furniture.

Whenever you move a piece of furniture with the Rearrange option, it adds the capacity of the furniture to your Storage. So you can keep moving a single piece and it will continuously add that to your Storage capacity. If you zone and come back into your MH, the Storage capacity will be set to the actual capacity of all of the furniture. Anything stored in the extra space you generated with the bug will be gone. This was repeatable for me so should be simple to verify. I can post images if needed.

For example, I have three Christmas pieces for furniture: the Snowman Knight, Snowman Mage and Bastokan Tree. This grants me 9 total storage capacity.
I moved one of the Snowman pieces while I was arranging my MH, not knowing about the bug. Then I filled up my 13 slots of storage (+4 from moving the Snowman). When I went back to my MH later on I only had 9 slots and the items in slots 10-13 were gone. I had Dream Mittens+1, Dream Pants, Dream Pants +1 and Dream Boots in there, so I didn't lose anything critical, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up. If you place all of your furniture, then rezone and never touch the furniture again I don't think there will be any problems.

As a sidenote, how do I contact Nasomi to ask for the those items to be restored?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:45 pm 

I would check this out if it wasn't for the fact my moghouse is overflowing already XD

Can someone else confirm?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:19 pm 

real talk: im not sure how to place furniture, and i've since given up trying to figure it out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:32 pm 

Kleg wrote:
Found a bug with storage and furniture.

Whenever you move a piece of furniture with the Rearrange option, it adds the capacity of the furniture to your Storage. So you can keep moving a single piece and it will continuously add that to your Storage capacity. If you zone and come back into your MH, the Storage capacity will be set to the actual capacity of all of the furniture. Anything stored in the extra space you generated with the bug will be gone. This was repeatable for me so should be simple to verify. I can post images if needed.

For example, I have three Christmas pieces for furniture: the Snowman Knight, Snowman Mage and Bastokan Tree. This grants me 9 total storage capacity.
I moved one of the Snowman pieces while I was arranging my MH, not knowing about the bug. Then I filled up my 13 slots of storage (+4 from moving the Snowman). When I went back to my MH later on I only had 9 slots and the items in slots 10-13 were gone. I had Dream Mittens+1, Dream Pants, Dream Pants +1 and Dream Boots in there, so I didn't lose anything critical, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up. If you place all of your furniture, then rezone and never touch the furniture again I don't think there will be any problems.

As a sidenote, how do I contact Nasomi to ask for the those items to be restored?

Nice find and seems exploitable as i don't think your items are lost and will appear when you increase storage space again (virtually or not). Maybe this should be moderated and put to Nas attention if he hasn't seen it already.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:51 pm 

Naimah wrote:

Nice find and seems exploitable as i don't think your items are lost and will appear when you increase storage space again (virtually or not). Maybe this should be moderated and put to Nas attention if he hasn't seen it already.

Just double checked. You do not get access to the lost items by expanding the storage capacity again. It seems they are lost to the void.

Image below as an example. All I have placed is that Snowman you see near the arrow. I have 80 total storage.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:56 pm 

You may need to zone to get the items back.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:00 am 

Zoning will reset the capacity to what it should be, but the items didn't come back for me. Anyone want to sacrifice a crystal or a bat fang to the void to verify? :P

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:18 am 

Well, you need the real capacity obviously...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:46 am 

Yeah, I indicated that in the first post. Just wanted to warn people in case they stumble on this like I did and lose something important, and it would be good for Nasomi to know in case he doesn't.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:27 am 

ghanima wrote:
BRD AF3 The Circle of Time is broken at retrieving the Star Ring from the Perennial Snow after 1 minute.

https://imgur.com/a/xSvVA6q

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Circle_of_Time

Checking the Perennial Snow again does not print another line in the log.
Zoning and coming back doesn't resolve the block.

did this ever work for you? i just tried this quest yesterday/today and it isnt working for me either. midnight est has passed since i started quest. also talking to Mertaire in Lower Jeuno to start quest didnt do anything i had to go straight to Imasuke in Port Jeuno without the 1st npc telling me the bit about going to an antique collector.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 2230 Next