Lobby: Up
Online: 66
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:34 pm 

<Soup> everyone!

There is a new Beta Installer that has been released. To read up about it more please check the post.

In addition, this post will include commonly reported issues that people have run into using the Beta Installer. Please review this post for a list of identified issues and community suggested workarounds.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
General Problems and Troubleshooting steps.
  • If you are any kind of gamer, the default step is to run anything as an Administrator, period.
  • You'll be creating a registry key at some point in the install process, it's suggested that you review your Anti Virus settings. You may want to also temporarily disable the software during the install process. This was also suggested for retail install troubleshooting.
  • As above, because you will be writing some details to the registry, simply copy & pasting files will not always work and you may have to redo all of the steps if your choice to C&P doesn't work.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
NON-English Windows OS
There is a reported issue that may happen with the use of the installer for NON-English language versions of Windows. To work around this please take these suggested steps,

• Please unzip the big data folder to c:/program files (x86)
  • Next, run the config bat
  • Lastly, run the registry file

Thanks Hyperion for sharing this workaround!

Nerdy Details
Here are the localized location names for the "Program Files" folders - http://www.samlogic.net/articles/progra ... guages.htm

Play Online Viewer & Tetra Master install prompt

You may see a installer prompt for PlayOnline Viewer & Tetra Masters when you launch the game. Nasomi Server doesn't make use of PlayOnline Viewer. As for Tetra Master is a companion game for FFXI MMO so this can be disregarded as it requires PlayOnline to access and play.

Q. Why does this "network resource" prompt appear if I don't need it?

Originally FFXI needed PlayOnline to handle all of the account creation, cross-server mail, friends lists, purchase management and all of the bells and whistles for the retail game. At the same time the installation process and coding of the files all were designed for retail and not private server use. It's not a simple case of "turning this off" and will need to be worked along with some of the other issues in the Beta Installer.

As new responses of problems/solutions come up, I'll update this post.

:!: Please note that if your posts or responses are deleted on the forums, chances are it was inappropriate, inflammatory, or someone else was defamed.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:09 am 

Good info, thankfully I didn't need it but I'm sure it will come in useful for some.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:45 am 

Take note that if you don't want to install it to C:\program files(x86), you can always make a symbolic link. Just did it, it works perfectly.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:37 pm 

Kyane wrote:
Take note that if you don't want to install it to C:\program files(x86), you can always make a symbolic link. Just did it, it works perfectly.

Mind elaborating on what you mean by "symbolic link"? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:02 pm 

Symbolic links are generally made via the cmd prompt. Nothing too difficult. It's made like this for a folder "mkdir /D linkpath targetpath".

To make this easy to understand imagine you telling your computer : "See that folder in E: ? You can access it via this shortcut like if it was in C: ."

So if you take your NasomiXI folder and copy it to E: then make a symblink from it to C:/Program Files (x86)/NasomiXI, your computer will act like it's on the C: disk when asking it's registry and all.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:12 pm 

Hi all - I'm having difficulty getting past the PlayOnline & Tetra Master install prompt, i've tried pressing cancel but it just times out and crashes, I was able to start the game a couple times before I started getting this prompt. Any fixes? Do I just reinstall? Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:07 pm 

Come by naschat and we'll see what we can do.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:28 am 

I've actually managed to get to the same place and have the same problem. Game asks me to give the path to the playonline tera master .msi file. When I press cancel to get out of it the whole thing freezed and I need to end the process.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:22 pm 

Uninstall playonline, then run the installer again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:48 am 

I was trying to install nasomi tonight.. Downloaded the installer, and unrar'd it.

Now I try and run install.bat by right clicking and running as admin, it opens up the cmd, and it tells me install failed because it's not being run with admin privileges, even though I have run it that way, multiple times.

I'm using Windows Vista... could it be my windows version doesn't work with the installer? Any advice on how to install please.