Lobby: Up
Online: 68
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:18 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:39 am 

Had to do a reinstall of the game after a long hiatus and got everything installed but im running into two issues right now preventing me from playing.

The config is not recognizing my wireless 360 controller, I had this problem before and the steps I used to resolve this issue are not working this time around. Does anyone know of a work around or solution?

Secondly and this one is preventing me from even playing, when I boot up the game everything is offset to the right of the screen, this causes my party UI, menus, character selections and more to be positioned off-screen and I cannot figure out how to solve this problem.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:47 am 

UI issues: https://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title ... ing_issues
Quote:
If using Windows 10 or a display DPI that isn't 100% Navigate to NasomiXI\SquareEnix\Ashita and right click "Ashita.exe", select "Properties". Under the compatibility tab, check the "Override high DPI scaling behavior." box and set "Scaling performed by: " to "Application".

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:06 am 

Nabutso wrote:
UI issues: https://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title ... ing_issues
Quote:
If using Windows 10 or a display DPI that isn't 100% Navigate to NasomiXI\SquareEnix\Ashita and right click "Ashita.exe", select "Properties". Under the compatibility tab, check the "Override high DPI scaling behavior." box and set "Scaling performed by: " to "Application".

That issue resolved, I was doing that very thing but on the wrong file.

Now to somehow find another fix for the controller again.

Update, gamepad config just doesnt recognize any controller I connect to the pc.

The vibration test works with the Xbox 360 wireless controller but no other inputs work

PS4 controller just straight up doesnt work.

I've installed any and all drivers I could find
I've restarted my pc several times after reinstalling drivers
I've tried every single config option
I've tried using the config file that downloads onto the desktop, the ToolsUS/EU configs proper file paths
I've tried switching the controller off and on while the game is running as that worked before but no luck this time
None of the alternative setups work at all
None of the Registry edits found online resolve anything
I've tried all 8 USB ports on my pc to test if it requried a certain port
I've tried several wireless 360 and ps4 controllers to ensure it wasnt an issue with the individual controllers

I solved this problem last year but sadly have to deal with it yet again and the steps I was able to figure out to resolve the issue before no longer work so im at a complete loss here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:03 pm 

Be certain that you only have one controller you want to use plugged in / synced before you play. I have had issues where having multiple control devices connected at once refuses to allow any of them to work. I've even had to remove and uninstall drivers for other control devices that weren't in use.

Have you considered this already?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:32 pm 

I am having the same issue with my girlfriend's new laptop. The game refuses to recognize it. When we first logged on her account it worked but the setup was wrong. It was late and I told her I would fix the setup the next day. We log on next day and nothing works anymore with her controller. It just refuses to recognize it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:32 pm 

My laptop and my daughter's laptop work just fine though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:37 pm 

Sinclair wrote:
Be certain that you only have one controller you want to use plugged in / synced before you play. I have had issues where having multiple control devices connected at once refuses to allow any of them to work. I've even had to remove and uninstall drivers for other control devices that weren't in use.

Have you considered this already?

This right here did it. It wasn't that a second controller was connected. I have a razer keyboard with one of those stupid built in touchscreens and the touchscreen registers as a controller under my devices. I removed the device and the config recognizes the controller inputs now. Now to make sure they work in game.