Lobby: Up
Online: 45
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:28 am 

swordfish wrote:
Nagoshiffxi wrote:
swordfish wrote:
any other mac users experience zone-crashing or cutscene crashing at delkfuts tower? any fix?

I experience zone crashing but not every time I zone... maybe 30-40% of the time especially at my MH

Really wish someone would find a solution for this zone crashing. I just hit level 75 yesterday and want to start doing endgame things. The crashing prevents me from progressing in missions and CoP

After my last message I actually find I crash a lot more than I initially specified. I crash about 90% of the time I take a chocobo from the stables and zone. I crash about 80% of the time I use a warp scroll or OP warp. I crash about 40% of the time I zone into the MH. I crashed 100% of the time on dell duty tower CS.. (had to have my brother log in to my char on his PC to complete CS for me). I have also randomly crashed by just running around a congested city or during an exp party. Is this something that all Mac users experience with wine? All boot.exe errors

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:47 pm 

Would it be possible to get a new and updated step-by-step install guide for Mac/Linux users? I play on Mac and have followed a couple of the guides out there, but they seem to be really outdated and things have changed since their release. I am currently experiencing a LOT of zone crashes; mainly in the major cities. I also get stuck in an endless crash loop after the first CoP cutscene when zoning into Lower Delkfutt's Tower for the first time, but was able to utilize the "Unstuck" function to zone back to Qufim Island. I really love this game and any help regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:21 am 

THIS WORKS

I tested this out on my main box, it took a some fiddling. I run Fedora 24.

I downloaded the nasomi installer and the imm32.dll.so.

Remove your current version of wine

Install Playonlinux. :~$ sudo dnf install playonlinux

Once installed use playonlinux to install nasomi. This takes some exploration. You will need to create a new virtual drive for playonlinux to install things. I just set mine under /home/robknobknocker.

Once installed you will need to configure playonlinux to install and run programs under a wine 3.8 environment. This is under the config menu.

The you need to replace imm32.dll.so with the one downloaded. Make a copy of the original file as a backup. The file to replace in under ~/.PlayonLinux/wine/linux-x86/3.8/lib/wine

Now start PlayonLinux. The config programs will run fine, but there is an extra step for boot.exe. Select Ashita (or anything) and on the left menu select configure. Navigate the tabs till you see an option to open a command prompt. Do that, and then get to the ashita directory in your playonlinux virtual drive. Make sure to switch drives to C: Remember, we are in DOS now.

C:
cd \program files\nasomixi\squareenix\ashita\ffxi-bootmod
boot

then you should get the familiar nasomi screen.

Lemme know if there are any questions.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:17 pm 

Nagoshiffxi wrote:
swordfish wrote:
Nagoshiffxi wrote:

I experience zone crashing but not every time I zone... maybe 30-40% of the time especially at my MH

Really wish someone would find a solution for this zone crashing. I just hit level 75 yesterday and want to start doing endgame things. The crashing prevents me from progressing in missions and CoP

After my last message I actually find I crash a lot more than I initially specified. I crash about 90% of the time I take a chocobo from the stables and zone. I crash about 80% of the time I use a warp scroll or OP warp. I crash about 40% of the time I zone into the MH. I crashed 100% of the time on dell duty tower CS.. (had to have my brother log in to my char on his PC to complete CS for me). I have also randomly crashed by just running around a congested city or during an exp party. Is this something that all Mac users experience with wine? All boot.exe errors

Happens to me all the time.
90% crash on tele
50% crash when walking around congested city.
Will update once I start doing CoP.
PTing with summoners creates massive lag on my client too

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:09 pm 

Is there a mirror or alternate location for the modified imm32 file? nabutso's site seems to be down.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:33 pm 

pocster wrote:
Nagoshiffxi wrote:
swordfish wrote:

Happens to me all the time.
90% crash on tele
50% crash when walking around congested city.
Will update once I start doing CoP.
PTing with summoners creates massive lag on my client too

I started back in December and I noticed the same thing happening to me right around when an update came out for OSX in January or so. I've been dealing with the same issue as ya'll ever since. Currently stuck in a CS because of it and was hoping to find some answers.
I almost always crash on OP warps, random crashes in BhafThicket sometimes, Teleport's, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:13 pm 

mieos wrote:
Is there a mirror or alternate location for the modified imm32 file? nabutso's site seems to be down.

You can find it here; https://vaughanhilts.me/assets/bf9bf6a4 ... m32.dll.so

You can also find my guide here: https://vaughanhilts.me/blog/2018/10/27 ... l-box.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:54 pm 

Has anyone tried to get Ashita up and running with Wine recently? Seems there's been success in the last year on this reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wine_gaming/co ... shitawine/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:35 pm 

I run Manjaro and I just installed the new Ashita bootloader. When trying to run /NasomiXI/SquareEnix/Ashita/ffxi-bootmod/boot.exe, the program searches for 3 servers and then reports that all 3 are offline. Any fix for this?

The previous version of boot.exe worked well enough since yesterday. Just updated today because I started crashing after confirming TOS screen today.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:59 pm 

Ever since that Catalina 10.15.1 update on my Macbook I have been unable to successfully launch this game. At the time when I searched I saw that Apple killed 32 bit support with that update and couldn't find any fixes so I quit playing all together and uninstalled everything on my laptop. Now I would like to start back up but I was hoping that buy now there have been fixes that allow people to play on Mac?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next