Lobby: Up
Online: 35
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: DAT issue
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:06 am 

My problem: Strangely enough, I have an issue where my dart throwing animation is actually my bard singing animation! So, I'll belt out some beautiful tunes and I can only assume darts fly out of my mouth at blinding speeds.

My question: Is it possible to install retail XI and a program like Altana Viewer to find the correct .DAT, and swap it over to my Nasomi folder? I was advised that this fresh installation will mess up my Nas installation and I'll have to reinstall anyways. Is it possible to do this without that happening? Alternatively, does anyone have the ELVAAN M dart throwing .DAT and able to host it somewhere for me?

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: DAT issue
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:20 am 

This occurs with almost every throwing animation.

It's not a dat issue. It's the server telling your client which animation to play; and it's telling it the wrong one.

You -could- replace the singing dat with throwing, but then any time anyone sung you'd see them throw something. 100% server side issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:25 am 

Nabutso wrote:
This occurs with almost every throwing animation.

It's not a dat issue. It's the server telling your client which animation to play; and it's telling it the wrong one.

You -could- replace the singing dat with throwing, but then any time anyone sung you'd see them throw something. 100% server side issue.

Oh interesting. Maybe for the time I can do as you suggest and swap singing for throwing, at least temporarily while I'm leveling throwing. Do you have any idea which dats these would be for an Elvaan male? As far as I understand, they are race dependent dats.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:31 am 

I use FFXImodelviewer when I mess with dats. My folder with it full of random stuff so I can't just upload it here.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:33 am 

Nabutso wrote:
I use FFXImodelviewer when I mess with dats. My folder with it full of random stuff so I can't just upload it here.

Ok I can appreciate that. Do you remember where you got your model viewer? Any time I search I only get Altana Viewer but not FFXImodelviewer.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:33 am 

I don't remember

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:38 am 

Nabutso wrote:
I don't remember

I finally found it. I appreciate your help through all this. I'll post the link here for anyone who may be interested:

http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?a ... ;down=1136

Altanaviewer won't work with Nasomi (since it requires POL for some reason), but the other one in the download works. Just need to change the .ini file to point to your Nas installation.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:09 pm 

Avellion wrote:
Nabutso wrote:
I don't remember

I finally found it. I appreciate your help through all this. I'll post the link here for anyone who may be interested:

http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?a ... ;down=1136

Altanaviewer won't work with Nasomi (since it requires POL for some reason), but the other one in the download works. Just need to change the .ini file to point to your Nas installation.

I am going crazy trying to pass registration verification, specifically: what is the name of this website (just the first part one word):

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:34 am 

Lol this issue still exists, has anybody come up with any other fixes other than messing with the dat files and temporarily breaking singing?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:06 pm 

no and honestly is just an animation glitch nothing important