Lobby: Up
Online: 77
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:34 am 

Hello. I am trying to download this game on my Mac.

I can follow the instructions easily up to step 3. I have installed the latest wine and nasomixi But after i install the Nasomi installer i dont know where to go from there. Do i have to do some download for the actual FF11 game? im terrible at computer stuff (sorry :( )

If anyone can help me install this game on my mac i would be really greatfull. i have played on this server before on my desktop, but it broke more then a year ago. so for me to play i need to download it on my mac.

FFXI (and Nasomi by extension) run perfectly under WINE. However, Ashita will not run in WINE, so you will be playing with no plugins or addons.

0. Install WINE on your linux machine by running sudo dnf install wine or sudo apt install wine. On MAC, grab the "WINE stable" version here: https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/macosx/download.html. Use a 32-bit Wine prefix.

1. Download the newest Nasomi installer. Extract, then run the installer.

2. Download the file imm32.dll.so

3. Either create a backup of your existing imm32.dll.so in your /usr/lib/wine/ folder (or wherever WINE DLLs are stored on a MAC), placing the new imm32.dll.so in its place, or use the DLL override ability in WINE and specify this DLL.

4. Installation complete! Few more steps for setting up your graphics and launching the game...

5. Run the FINAL FANTASY XI Config.exe, or run wine "/home/USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/NasomiXI/SquareEnix/FINAL FANTASY XI/ToolsUS/FINAL FANTASY XI Config.exe" in your terminal to configure your graphics. Borderless windowed mode or Windowed mode are highly recommended.

6. To finally launch the game, run the boot.exe file found in ..Program Files/NasomiXI/SquareENix/Ashita/ffxi-bootmod/ or in your terminal run wine "/home/USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/NasomiXI/SquareEnix/Ashita/ffxi-bootmod/boot.exe". On Mac OS Sierra, wine "/users/USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/NasomiXI/SquareEnix/Ashita/ffxi-bootmod/boot.exe"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:40 am 

No.. you just need to move the file you downloaded in step 2 to the right place. Doing so will allow the game to work without crashing before char creation.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:32 am 

Hello! thank you for replying.

to clarify my issue. I do not know anything about wine, so i dont even know how to place the file into the wine folder.

I also do not know how to actually run nasomi after it has been installed.

when i open the folder i downloaded naosmi in i get another folder for square enix, when i open it i get folders for ashita, final fantasy xi, playonline viewer and teteramaster.

when i open the ashita and final fantasy folders i see a wine icon with ashita.exe and polboot.exe

when i try to open either of them nothing happens. as for where to put the downloaded imm32.dll.so i dont know.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:35 am 

You need to find where the correct folder to put the file is yourself because I don't know where your wine libraries folder is (the one given here was an example, the default for my wine installation, /usr/lib/wine/).

After that... like it says in the last step...

Quote:
On Mac OS Sierra, wine "/users/USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/NasomiXI/SquareEnix/Ashita/ffxi-bootmod/boot.exe"

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 4:43 pm 

Hello, i am a returning player. the last time i logged in was some time last year, at that point i had no issue logging in via wine/terminal. i tried to boot the game up in the same fashion that i was accustom to last year but now i get an error in terminal related to wine i guess? "zsh: bad CPU type in executable: wine". any idea how to fix this? i am not very good with computers...it was a miracle that i managed to get the game working on my macbook in the first place lol! thanks