Lobby: Up
Online: 34
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:04 pm 

I posted a few months back having probs with this quest, since then I’ve occasionally tried the cutscenes with the father, the kid, also re-trading a giant shell bug all in different order, and trekked to Oztroja to retry, the only difference now is I’m 100 fishing and using LuShangs but still can’t fish ordontyrannus up.

What happened was i originally fished it up easy prob with 0 skill and a junk rod, and the boy sent me to the Galka but he wouldn’t take it. Apparently I forgot to trade the bug beforehand and was told on here to chuck the fish and re-catch it but it’s broken broken broken.

I’ve stood there an hour using all kinds of rods and seeing you didn’t catch anything over and over and over, yet people on the quest turn up and fish it up in 1 minute. There is literally nothing else I can do or try.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:31 pm 

I am not sure on the not being able to fish it up side of things, but as for the original issue; do you have the quest "Under the Sea" on your quest list?

I also had issues with my PLD Feet and it was because you can't actually complete the AF quest if this quest is active. You have to fish up a fish in Selbina and RNG trade it to the Galka to find a ring in its belly - Once you do that, it should then work.

I did the same where I didn't trade the bug to the kid, and was told to drop and re-fish it when it wasn't needed... But I was still able to catch it, are you using the same shellbug as the first one you used or have you tried it with another one? Other than giving that a go with a new bug I don't see what else you could do :(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:20 am 

I did the under the sea quest yeh, also went through all that only to find out he still wouldn’t take it, lol fishing up the fat greedie for the ring. I realise it’s a flag problem, either permanent or needs something very specific to activate. I do just trade the shell bug possibly in a stack of 3 or 4 so I can try it with just one next time as something different. If I speak to the child without a trade he says well done for catching it and take it to selbina, so it definitely thinks I’m passed it. Been about 3 months and probably a few hundred hours when when I factor in all the fishing, I’d happily just have nasomi reset my PLD af progress back to the start.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:30 pm 

I am in the same exact boat. I don't have under the sea and I have 0 fishing skill and cannot fish up the damn fish after hours and hours.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:23 pm 

Having the same issue. i cant fish it up. That other quest isn't active. Difference is, i did the quest correctly, but hasn't fished up once.

Apparently about 50 casts work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:32 am 

Hey guys is anyone still playing PLD? I have the same problem and it's been bugging me for a while. Should I just skip the AF2 and get Relic Armor? If anyone knows why please tell me in a simplified manner. Hopefully Nasomi can find a fix for all AF armors since newer players like me love playing on his server. Stay safe and keep the best mindset!