Lobby: Up
Online: 60
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:30 pm 

Azurewrath wrote:
Yea, you're fucked, same deal. If you kill anything in Feiyin, you get stuck on the quest. Youre supposed to respeak with the taru in B.Glacier and he'll give you anew key item, but that doesnt work here. He just pauses for a sec when you speak and nothing happens. Talking to all NPCs involved doesn't work, you're just outta luck. RIP Warp 2 scroll. But hey, at least barebones Treasures is taking up all of Nas's time, essentially eliminating any xp spot that isn't in fuckin dank ass moldy leaves on boring ass birds that eliminate the need for most of the mechanics from the game, instead of fixing this, or any of the other huge issues. Or fixing BCNMs which is some of the most interesting content in this game that's completely missing, which jacking up prices of items that are meant to be 10k like Hierarch's belt to a mil by the few linkshells that monopolize on cheesing the dumbass OWNM system with a party full of ranged jobs.

OWNM is seriously the dumbest idea ever, it's not a replacement for BCNM, it's laziness. Fuck treasures, finish adding the base game first

I understand that not working content can be frustrating.
But you don't have to take it!
Vote with your wallet and stop paying that subscription fee!

Oh. Right. Maybe just chill and enjoy that we have a massive server of nostalgia for free.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:57 pm 

Azurewrath wrote:
Yea, you're fucked, same deal. If you kill anything in Feiyin, you get stuck on the quest. Youre supposed to respeak with the taru in B.Glacier and he'll give you anew key item, but that doesnt work here. He just pauses for a sec when you speak and nothing happens. Talking to all NPCs involved doesn't work, you're just outta luck. RIP Warp 2 scroll. But hey, at least barebones Treasures is taking up all of Nas's time, essentially eliminating any xp spot that isn't in fuckin dank ass moldy leaves on boring ass birds that eliminate the need for most of the mechanics from the game, instead of fixing this, or any of the other huge issues. Or fixing BCNMs which is some of the most interesting content in this game that's completely missing, which jacking up prices of items that are meant to be 10k like Hierarch's belt to a mil by the few linkshells that monopolize on cheesing the dumbass OWNM system with a party full of ranged jobs.

OWNM is seriously the dumbest idea ever, it's not a replacement for BCNM, it's laziness. Fuck treasures, finish adding the base game first

Why do you think Heirarch Belt comes from OWNMs?

OWNMs only go up to level 60 BCNM content, Heirarch Belt comes from level 75 KSNM. Hierarch Belt being expensive is largely because ODS doesn't exist, and OWNM were never meant to be a replacement for KSNMs.

You should probably have some idea of what you're talking about before complaining, lol.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:13 am 

any resolution to this problem yet? I've been stuck on this quest since nov

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:27 pm 

I'm about to do this quest, anything I should watch out for other than not killing any mobs in Fei'Yin?
Edit: sneak/invis'd through Fei'Yin and got my warp 2 scroll fine.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:41 am 

cthalupa wrote:

OWNMs only go up to level 60 BCNM content, Heirarch Belt comes from level 75 KSNM. Hierarch Belt being expensive is largely because ODS doesn't exist, and OWNM were never meant to be a replacement for KSNMs.

You should probably have some idea of what you're talking about before complaining, lol.

I said OWNMs are only in the game because BCNMs are missing.
KS30 is a BCNM.
KS30, aka a BCNM is missing.
OWNM is in fact an easy no-effort replacement so Nas doesn't need to work on BCNMs.
Heirarch belt drops from a missing BCNM
Nas adds OWNMs to compensate, which doesn't solve this particular problem whatsoever
Heirarch belt price is jacked up because Nas doesn't care to fix BCNMs because 'ownms are good enough and extra content is good'
You think Nas is gonna go ahead and just fix KS30s instead of BCNMs when OWNMs make most of the items obtainable? lmao.

The fact OWNMs exist means Nas is putting all BCNM work on the backburner so he can work on shitty ToAU content, which is the beginning of the reason all you nerds are playing on a private server instead of retail.

Want me to write a list of all the items that drop from BCNMs that are jacked up in price because OWNMs exist? I won't actually write that list because you know I'm right

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:16 am 

Azurewrath wrote:
cthalupa wrote:

I said OWNMs are only in the game because BCNMs are missing.
KS30 is a BCNM.
KS30, aka a BCNM is missing.
OWNM is in fact an easy no-effort replacement so Nas doesn't need to work on BCNMs.
Heirarch belt drops from a missing BCNM
Nas adds OWNMs to compensate, which doesn't solve this particular problem whatsoever
Heirarch belt price is jacked up because Nas doesn't care to fix BCNMs because 'ownms are good enough and extra content is good'
You think Nas is gonna go ahead and just fix KS30s instead of BCNMs when OWNMs make most of the items obtainable? lmao.

The fact OWNMs exist means Nas is putting all BCNM work on the backburner so he can work on shitty ToAU content, which is the beginning of the reason all you nerds are playing on a private server instead of retail.

Want me to write a list of all the items that drop from BCNMs that are jacked up in price because OWNMs exist? I won't actually write that list because you know I'm right

The fact that you think that OWNMs, which do not drop any of the significant items from KS30s, have any impact whatsoever on whether or not KS30s get implemented, shows yet again how dumb you are. But I think we've known that since the dual boxing thread.

You obviously don't like it here. All you do is complain. Why are you playing on here, again?

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:10 am 

Azurewrath wrote:

Level blm or rdm. Get a friend to do the same. Kill ownms. Its not that hard. Also there is no connection between OWNMS and Hierarch Belt. Would be nice if OWNMs dropped it. I need one :( Anyone selling?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:34 am 

cthalupa wrote:
The fact that you think that OWNMs, which do not drop any of the significant items from KS30s, have any impact whatsoever on whether or not KS30s get implemented, shows yet again how dumb you are. But I think we've known that since the dual boxing thread.

No impact?

-Nas clearly hasnt added BCNMs yet cause it's a big job, but it's also a big part of the game. They're generally very accommodating for most jobs, are fun and diverse, and drop some really great items.
-Nas adds OWNMs which all use the same strategy and pretty much are all done with the same cheese ranged setup requiring RNGs and BLMs and SMNs and whatnot. There's no real mechanics, just an easily monopolizable system for people with the specific job setups, quite the opposite of what BCNM was designed to do.
-Nas thinks this is okay, so he puts time to develop a shitty expansion that even he agrees is garbage content that ruins the game

OR

-Nas could instead implement BCNM60s with that time and eliminate the OWNM system.
-KS30s are BCNMs, and with the groundwork from spending that time working on BCNMs, adding KS30s would be drastically less work
-This would make prices more like retail for many items, now that KS30 would be easily addable, instead of creating a whole monopoly on items that were designed in the original game to be easily obtained. (Look at the price of Warwolf belt or Hierarch belt in 2006 as 2 easy examples)

cthalupa wrote:
You obviously don't like it here. All you do is complain. Why are you playing on here, again?

Pretty sure anyone's allowed to complain even if they have a few problems with the server, including yourself, which I've seen quite a few times with the very minimal time I spend on here, and that's alright. Better to have criticisms to call for change rather than the normal circlejerk that goes on here. Forums are meant for discussion, Discord is where you go to plaster your bud's tonsils.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:34 pm 

There's got to be a simple fix to this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:47 pm 

I did the quest this week - took a while to get through the precursor quests (zoning and login out didn't work so I assume there is some kind of cool down timer - wiki said 1 game day but I had to wait about 24/36 hours for the Warp II quest to be able to be flagged).

I didn't read this thread and agro'd/killed a few things in Fei-Yin - didn't affect my getting the CS or completing the quest - I may have just been lucky or the quest may be fixed - I'd assume if you're already bugged, you'll need Nas to intervene and reset as per some bugged missions/prommies etc.

Happy questing!