PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:12 am 

I seem to crash every 40 to 50 minutes. Pulled event logs

Faulting application name: boot.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c266a59
Faulting module name: d3d8.dll, version: 10.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0x12998905
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000534c1
Faulting process id: 0x4ac8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4b772ad74e37f
Faulting application path: C:\Users\\Desktop\Ashita\Ashita\ffxi-bootmod\boot.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d8.dll
Report Id: ff396635-e4ef-4262-8f2d-57b84ac5749b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Post subject: Re: Random Crashes
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:22 am 

Does it happen during any specific action, or in any particular place?

What do the crashes look like? Freezing, or the game just closes?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:00 am 

random when it happens, once when i checked a player, another when i taunted a goblin. it freezes for 2-3 seconds then just closes the game

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:11 pm 

I'm having the same issues. If I check something, open a map or just pan the camera around. I downloaded both the direct download and torrent versions and it does the same on both. I tried a suggestion I found in the forum about running the game on my laptop's 2nd core, but I don't see any differences. I've ran the retail version on this laptop as well as FFXIV with no issues. It freezes, goes to an opaque white screen, spinning blue wheel. Sometimes I can't even quit with task manager. Sometimes I've had to power cycle the laptop to get out of it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:47 am 

After doing some digging on the forum, I found the link to the voodoo patch that allows the game to run on my graphics card. After tweaking a few thing, I got it to run flawlessly at 1080p 30 FPS, with no issues. Even in a dune party for 5 hours.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:46 pm 

I get them too every so often, mostly in Horlais Peak and @ Ulli. Screen freezes then goes black and crashes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:14 pm 

The past two days my game has just been randomly freezing, both of my monitors freeze up and then the game blinks and crashes. Doesn't happen when I play any other game and it just happens at random time; it's happened on zone, it's happened whilst running through a zone and it's happened when I have just been stood in town AFK (not pressing anything).

Help me Nabutso. :|

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:21 am 

Random crashes are random. I blame drivers, windows, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:11 pm 

Samusaki wrote:
I'm having the same issues. If I check something, open a map or just pan the camera around. I downloaded both the direct download and torrent versions and it does the same on both. I tried a suggestion I found in the forum about running the game on my laptop's 2nd core, but I don't see any differences. I've ran the retail version on this laptop as well as FFXIV with no issues. It freezes, goes to an opaque white screen, spinning blue wheel. Sometimes I can't even quit with task manager. Sometimes I've had to power cycle the laptop to get out of it.

Did we ever get an answer to this? Been happening to me the last week or so. I've tried moving the game to my Gforce vid card instead of on board. I'm watching task manager before during and after crashes and no random spikes or errors. No problems in any other game or function. It happens mostly randomly, in situations where there are more folks and lots going on, but nothing consistent EXCEPT R.gardens in Jeuno, everytime I zone into R. Gardens either from Upper, Tidal or Mog, I crash.

HELP!! :?