Lobby: Up
Online: 48
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:38 pm 

Certain situations (can't quite put my finger on what) are breaking the combat log, etc. No combat spam can be seen, no mob drops, nothing on the left side of my screen. I can still see /equipset spam if I spam them. Also breaks any NPC interfaces, so if you click on something that creates an interface, you're essentially frozen and need to crash out of game. I can still see my right chat log (not sure if its window related, I have my windows split). So I can see LS, party, etc. This doesn't appear to fix itself unless you log.

To give example, a friend had this happen during the Den of Rancor OWNM, I had this almost happen every time I killed the first of two stalkers in Pso'Xja. It's possible i could replicate this if needed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:40 pm 

Do you use the HD dat pack or anything like that? It sounds like an issue that people had with that, as retail's files become more and more different from our own (their changes) and the HD pack being built for retail.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:47 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
Do you use the HD dat pack or anything like that? It sounds like an issue that people had with that, as retail's files become more and more different from our own (their changes) and the HD pack being built for retail.

I do, thinking of just reverting. As far as I know this zone doesn't utilize HD Pack, but I'm aware that it could still cause an issue. If it becomes as persistent as it has been, I'll probably remove all my HD Dats and update on whether its still an issue. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:45 pm 

Please let us know!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:47 am 

I think something similar happened to me recently. I can see emotes happening but nothing in log. Same with combat logs. Then later not working at 2 area, dark miasma at boneyard gully and later at delapitated gate to cape riverine. Once log stops happening it breaks interacting with stuff. Can't quite explain it better. Logging off and on fixes this tho.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:55 am 

Haha and i thought it was just me. Happened to me twice today randomly while i was soloing in Uleguerand Range. I couldn’t see /check, my combat dmg; many others. Only relogging fixed it.

I’ll try to recreate the issue tomorrow to put my thumb on it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:33 am 

Do you guys all use HD mods?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:31 am 

I don't use HD mods and have had this happen occasionally.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:59 pm 

Miku wrote:
I don't use HD mods and have had this happen occasionally.

Do you play with any game files that are not Nasomi files? You can type /ver to see the game version you're running, though it's possible you have different files even if you have the same game version.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:49 pm 

I've had this happen a few times over the last few days, figured it was just a bug. Happened in Attohwa Chasm first, basically went like this :

1) Killed a bunch of Wind Eles near Tiamat spawn (was farming)
2) Moved to Xolotl pop area, his adds (skeles) were there disappearing and reappearing but no Xolotl
3) Everything I /check from that point would return no results
4) Ran toward boneyard gulley continuing to /check and nothing would return in log
5) Ran back to Tiamat area and killed Wind Ele's but couldn't lot on clusters in pool
6) Client timed out and had to restart, then everything went back to normal

2nd time it happened I don't remember the details around, I just crashed client and restarted to fix it.

Version 30170329_0

I do not use HD packs and have never changed any Nasomi files after the install