Lobby: Up
Online: 40
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Mouse
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:52 pm 

Are there any plans to make it as it was in retail FFXI, as far as mouse control? I played from 2004-2008 and I was always able to use the mouse to move my char by double clicking on a spot so that my char then ran to that spot. I was also able to simply push the cursor to the edges of the screen to have the camera move in that direction. In Nasomi, it seems the mouse has little value and you must use the keyboard to move, ideally.

Post subject: Re: Mouse
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:54 pm 

The client here is exactly the same as it was back then in terms if movement and mouse controls, you're misremembering

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:19 pm 

I'm definitely not misremembering but perhaps somehow my default mouse settings are conflicting with the client's? In Nasomi, holding down on the mouse wheel allows me to move my char by moving the mouse around, which is not the same as it was back then, but nevertheless shows that the mouse can be used for movement. Is there some way to configure my mouse for Nasomi so that I can determine what I want the left and right mouse buttons to do?

Trust me, I played this game religiously for years, probably for thousands of hours. I am not misremembering. And I most definitely did not use the keyboard for movement.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:29 pm 

Holding left mouse should move you. Holding right should move the camera.

You could never double click to move to a position.

There is nowhere to change what mouse buttons do what afaik.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:11 pm 

Click left mouse opens the small left hand Chat, etc. options menu. Holding left mouse moves the camera. Clicking right mouse cancels, and holding right mouse also moves the camera. The only way for me to move using the mouse is by holding down the mouse wheel.

Am I the only one with this problem?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:22 pm 

Yes. Holding left mouse button down should move your character, not the camera. FFXI probably doesn't understand your mouse.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:29 am 

Trouble is I was just in game asking a number of random people about this and they all said they are in the same boat as me. They, too, are forced to either use their mousewheel, or the keyboard, to move, as the mouse buttons don't allow for movement.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:03 am 

Ion wrote:
Trouble is I was just in game asking a number of random people about this and they all said they are in the same boat as me. They, too, are forced to either use their mousewheel, or the keyboard, to move, as the mouse buttons don't allow for movement.

I've always used a combination of the two when I need exact movement + camera movement. Using WASD and holding the right click down, but never double clicking to move.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:11 am 

Nevertheless, you just agreed with me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:28 pm 

You have keyboard set to compact, which forces WASD movement