Lobby: Up
Online: 35
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Account Hacked
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:31 pm 

Account was hacked and most of everything non r/x now missing, i keep good records of everything and pm'd nas. about it so not to worried about it being taken care of, not sure if he got it or not but either way I'd advise all to reset passwords to something that looks like hieroglyphics, mine was made up forever ago and written down since hard to remember and was the only record of it, so however it was obtained is pretty intense. Hopefully will get a response soon so the matter is taken care of, but thought I'd try to prevent others from experiencing the same thing.

Be safe all :)

Post subject: Re: Account Hacked
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:22 am 

Sorry to hear man that sux, couple ls mates got hit
2 months back also. No reply yet, looks like ppl experiencing character deletion also. Hopefully gets better soon.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:40 pm 

can confirm people are experiencing characters random deleted.. Nasomi should be informed of this very quick i know at least 2 person.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:25 am 

no responses yet after 7 days but i am hopeful, i am grateful that i still get to play with the ppl i know on here though. Staying positive, as i wait i have seen frustration from many others about their own security/account issues. Just gotta keep at it, all i can say :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:05 pm 

Please hear our pleas and help our mans! Poor guy lived, died, was born again, lived, died, and was resurrected once more in SSG all while farming up the many, many dozens of Gil he needed for that k.club!

For reals though, please help him out!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:44 pm 

Thanks for the kind words and support all, the guy in the other forum had to wait a couple months so that may be my case since only starting week 3. Been helping ppl in irc as i wait so at least doing something useful. Apparently airships/boats glitch to where you never land so you screwed without tele or warp so getting some use out of my alt's 75 whm. The unstuck feature seems to not function in those cases also, in the meantime will just keep supporting the ls and new people who have troubles. One day i will be whole again, much more besides K club was taken but id be happy with just that back and the nq hauby that morrowindislong signed for me.

hope all the issues i've seen ppl have these past few weeks get resolved :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:31 pm 

Anyone who has been waiting longer than I have any luck getting their account fixed? Just curious, hope everyone has a great Easter weekend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:29 am 

So i was checking out Eden out of curiosity as i wait to hear from nas about my stolen items, and saw this recent post on their home page. If i remember right Feb. was when a lot of ppl got cracked into also. Same person? I don't know much about this kind of thing but was wondering if there is a way nas can beef up security? i certainly miss my nice items that i worked months for but I understand if there is only so much you can do, just feel bad for those on that server as well as here who put all those hours/days/months/years into something they can be proud of and one day have nothing to show for it, seems no matter how unique and good your password is you can get hit.

Stealing from your friends
Posted On: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:14 pm by Godmode
By engaging in RMT on Eden you may just be stealing from your friends. When confronting a few users after they have bought from RMT I let them know where the item came from and it was sometimes someone from their LS or someone they knew.

The user WRX on EpicNPC.com that lists items and gil has obtained several items by logging onto players accounts and taking their medium/high value items and gil. I've reached out to this person who also goes by Super73#0396 on Discord and asked him to promise to stop and to share how he has been getting these passwords. I was met with no comment. EdenFFXI on eGamingSupply has also sold stolen items and I suspect, but am not sure that they are the same person or are at least using the same method to retrieve these passwords. I imagine there are various other aliases as well.

WRX is the same person who logged in Atomos' account in early February. We were down for the entire weekend looking for security flaws in the code. We did some patching but the person has still been able to get into Eden. It's not impossible, but it is likely that this is not an issue on our end. Instead our development team is in agreement that the players that are being hacked most likely have either accidentally downloaded an infected program that keylogs or reads memory, visited a website that has malicious code, or are using insecure passwords that have either been brute-forced or reused from a leaked DB table.

I highly suggest that you change your passwords immediately to a sequence of random letters and numbers and a minimum of 8 characters. Things like "Password123!" is not secure and can be cracked fairly quickly. We have added brute-force protection to our website and to our game client but account security is not something that just developers should worry about. It is something that you, as a player, need to worry about too.

I am not certain if all of WRX sells is stolen from or the result of stealing from players but here is what happens when you buy stolen items:

RMT seller logs onto a players account and ships items. They sometimes try to hide it but we have logs for most activities and have been able to track all of the items that have been stolen so far.
RMT buyer receives the item from the RMT and pays them.
Victim player logs in and discovers missing items and reports them
I look into the exchange logs and find who logged in and where the items have trailed through.
You lose your accounts and the money you paid for it typically within a few days.

The long story short of this is that by buying from WRX and possibly other RMT you run the high risk that you will lose that item, your accounts, and your real money within a relatively short period of time. My suggestion is to stay away from forbidden activities, shy away from black-market websites, and make more secure passwords. You can change your password on the website by visiting: https://www.edenxi.com/account/profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:55 am 

Got my stuff back, thank you nas!