Lobby: Up
Online: 47
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:05 pm 

I had a long talk with nasomi about recent events and honestly the dude needs help. Just having people who will regularly go into naschat and answer questions for a few hours lets him focus on the code. The poor guy is doing 2-3 hours of "you traded the wrong item for that quest" and "you can't have two characters on the same account" every day. If even 10 of us stepped up to help people who are new to the server or have simple problems, it'd free him up to finish some HUGE, I can not stress this enough HUGE improvements to the server.

So if you've been here a while and you know your way around common problems and are willing to help for even 2-3 hours a week while you play. Not stop playing but just answer questions. Drop your name below. I'll even make an In game LS for people who are willing to help.

I'm trying to make this organised so that the server can continue to improve. because right now the games coder is gonna stress himself into a coma having to answer 200 questions like "what do I do if I dropped my exp ring"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:46 pm 

I have been helping people best I can with little stuff as I wait to hear from him myself anyway. I will be on for late night people because of my work hours around 1 am est to about 5 am est during the weekdays. And pretty much all day and night during the weekends. Approaching week 4 of to hear back of my stolen stuff as I know you are also as well as many others. I'll play my part. :) yell if you need me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:12 pm 

most of the people don't like him but... that's why this server needs Nabutso >.>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:45 pm 

Sure but even Nabutso left because he got burned out. it's a job that's not for just one person. that's why I am trying to help make something positive. By dividing it between many people no one person has to sit for hours fielding mundane questions. If you are logged in and not focusing too hard on something. just keep naschat open and peek at it every 5-10 min to see if there is something you can try to help with. maybe i can talk to Nas about a "helper" tag so people with questions can send direct messages which have a noise alert already.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:55 pm 

I'm always to help either in Naschat or in-game, and usually keep one or the other open while I'm sitting at my desk at work during the day.. I'll make an effort to be more responsive, though.

In the meantime, feel free to reach out if you ever need. Mebbe I'll even do the needful and go get my mentor flag turned on >.>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:20 am 

I'm glad to see he addressed this issue we've been pointing out for weeks now.
I hope we'll see the results soon. I'm often logged in naschat and reply to questions when I can.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:02 pm 

Thank for those of you with positive replies. and your willingness to help. If I seem to be making claims that I have any sort of power or instruction from Nas, I don't. I talked to him after he helped me with my character and I offered to try and get him a list of people interested in helping. I told him I don't have the knowledge to screen people so that'd be up to him but I could at least look for volunteers.

So far there have been 4-5 people who are willing to dedicate a little of their time. So even if this doesn't work out, I'd like to say thanks for the effort. I'll try and talk to nas during the week as he said the weekend was his busy time. but I feel like he'd at least be happy to know there are some people interested.

I'm open to suggestions as well. I'm not going to pretend I know the best way to go about this. I'm just willing to try.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:21 am 

To those who /t me in game or msg. In irc with questions, I am usually at work during the day. I do reply when I return, so I apologize if I miss you. Feel free to contact though <3 to answer a couple of them...yes my problem was fixed. Ty for the support :)