Lobby: Up
Online: 40
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:10 am 

I've seen a few people here and there mention this in IRC, but haven't seen a thread started yet or a solution anyone's found.

Ever since the new one-click install process was introduced, I haven't been able to get FFXI SwitchMon to work (yes, this implies that it was working correctly for me beforehand). The problem appears to be with the program "Seeing" the ffxi windows and recognizing that they're running: mapping a controller button to the FFXISwitchMon menu button will cause the menu to appear, but the "next" and "previous" commands don't do anything. Cycling all of the different detection methods on the "General" tab still doesn't cause the program from being able to detect the windows. As far as I can tell, there's no settings anywhere in the FFXI SwitchMon program that lets you dictate WHERE the program searches for your FFXI install directory, so i can't imagine that's the issue.

I've tried the following:

1. Running EVERYTHING as admin ("Launcher" .bat file, FFXISwitchMon)
2. Running SwitchMon in compatibility mode for XP SP2 and 3, Vista, and Win 8 before I gave up on that being the solution (someone mentioned running compatibility mode in XP fixed their issue last year in a different thread)
3. Re-installing SwitchMon several times, including using an install path that put it inside the NasomiXI folder

The only odd thing I've noticed is that every time I un-install and re-install SwitchMon, the settings in the "Gamepad" tab is the same, being the two buttons I've mapped to the Next and Previous windows commands. So i'm guessing that maybe there's some config file somewhere that isn't being deleted if the program is remembering these settings after every delete and re-install?

I suppose the only thing left would be to fully re-install Nas' FFXI again, but was hoping to avoid having to do that if someone else already had a solution to the problem...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:04 pm 

Update: did a full re-install and issue still persists, so I'm at a complete loss. Wouldn't mind suggestions if anyone has any.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:03 am 

I had the same issue as you, this version has been working for me.
http://forums.windower.net/index.php?/t ... h-monitor/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:18 pm 

You, sir, are my hero. Thank you very much, this did the trick!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:43 am 

http://forums.windower.net/index.php@sh ... pdG9y.html

Updated link for the updated FFXI SwitchMon, since the old link no longer works.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:52 am 

https://na.nasomi.com/software/Switchmon.zip

It's also in the downloads section. The link was broken for a couple days when nas migrated to the na. subdomain.