Lobby: Up
Online: 61
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject: Re: BST Gear Guide!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:05 pm 

Is Scorpion Harness +1 ok for a BST to wear?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:28 pm 

Krem wrote:

Yes, it is especially helpful in a solo or duo setting where you aren't playing a pure DD role.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:40 pm 

Concepcion wrote:
Krem wrote:

Yes, it is especially helpful in a solo or duo setting where you aren't playing a pure DD role.

Awesome, thank you :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:00 pm 

Mefistofele. Yay! Charming Ochus and Goobues dead scorps and dragons.

I've been taking a break for a couple of months but most likely will be coming back. BST is amazing on this server and is very fun. Especially with them working on the BCNMs coming back I feel they will have a good place.

If this was a different era. I'd play Dancer, but other than that my main Jobs here are BST/WHM/NIN/RDM/BLM/THF/BLU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:16 am 

Benzula wrote:

I've been taking a break for a couple of months but most likely will be coming back. BST is amazing on this server and is very fun. Especially with them working on the BCNMs coming back I feel they will have a good place.

If this was a different era. I'd play Dancer, but other than that my main Jobs here are BST/WHM/NIN/RDM/BLM/THF/BLU

Thank you, a couple of question:

- will they still want me in a exp party or I will be ostracized because I am BST?
- I will be using some online guides, what doest not work respect to retail? (at least for the low levels 1-50)

Thanks ^^

"I'm and adventurer of Vana'diel"
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARghlVjBab0)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:28 pm 

Mefistofele wrote:
Benzula wrote:

- will they still want me in a exp party or I will be ostracized because I am BST?
- I will be using some online guides, what doest not work respect to retail? (at least for the low levels 1-50)

Thanks ^^

So BST Parties are def still a thing.
You can still get in Exp parties pretty easy, especially if they need a puller. Do try and get NIN for increased DMG in melee.
Jug Pets are extremely helpful for not being useless.
If you are Elvann always have Sushi for Acc as you will miss pretty much everything.

Buy an Axe every 10 levels to keep up with dmg. (Look at the start of this post for Gear info for char stuff)

I know Nasomi changed something about forced Level Cap zones. I haven't played since then so I don't know if that is still a great area for BSTs.

Join a BST shell it will help with alot.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:44 pm 

So I have updated the 70-75 pre-endgame Melee gear. So most of this is going to be stuff you can either Buy/Solo

Nothing from Dynamis, sky, or sea unless it is soloable.

Benzula wrote:
Levels 70-75: Melee Gear pre-endgame.

LvXX Weapon: Juggernaut - BCNM / AH
LvXX Shield: Maneater - AH (ENM currently removed) / Lion Tamer - ZNM
LVXX Head: Aurum Armet or
LvXX Neck: Peacock Charm - BCNM 40
Lv75 Earring1: Brutal Earring - Ancient Beast Coins
Lv72 Earring2: Suppanomimi - Complete ZM mission
LvXX Body: Hauberk +1 - Craft / AH *Might also want Haubergeon +1 for BCNM 60s
LvXX Gloves: Dusk Gloves +1 - Craft / AH
LvXX Legs: Aurum Cuisses
LvXX Waist: Velocious Belt - King Artuo
LvXX Ring1: Rajas Ring - Complete CoP
LvXX Ring2: Flame Ring Craft /AH or Sniper's Ring +1 - Craft / AH
LvXX Ranged: XXXX
LvXX Ammo: Tiphia Sting - Demonic Tiphia (NM) Crawlers Nest (I suggest this because this allows you to swap for a bisket and not lose your TP over other Options)
LvXX Back: Amemet Mantle +1
LvXX Boots: Aurum Sabatons

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:36 pm 

Minor nitpick but the Peacock Amulet is from BCNM 40. Charm is from Argus.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:36 pm 

kabibi18 wrote:
Minor nitpick but the Peacock Amulet is from BCNM 40. Charm is from Argus.

Someone in my LS said they got the Charm from BCNM40 (And we specifically asked if it was Amulet or Charm because I thought the same thing).

This could have been closer to when BCNM40 was just reintroduced and Nas might have just overlooked it briefly, but I will double check and update.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:05 pm 

Benzula wrote:
Mefistofele wrote:
Benzula wrote:

Thanks ^^

So BST Parties are def still a thing.
You can still get in Exp parties pretty easy, especially if they need a puller. Do try and get NIN for increased DMG in melee.
Jug Pets are extremely helpful for not being useless.
If you are Elvann always have Sushi for Acc as you will miss pretty much everything.

Buy an Axe every 10 levels to keep up with dmg. (Look at the start of this post for Gear info for char stuff)

I know Nasomi changed something about forced Level Cap zones. I haven't played since then so I don't know if that is still a great area for BSTs.

Join a BST shell it will help with alot.

Be prepared to make your own parties if you want to play BST in a standard XP party. We're pretty much the last choice to invite to a party and are probably only going to be picked up if there is nothing else or if you're the right level to be sync. I have all of my subs leveled and while most parties seem to want /NIN, I think /WAR is much better DPS and will tend to choose that sub unless asked otherwise.

For food, skip the sushi and go with Akamochi, it helps your pet too!

Outside of standard XP parties, you can definitely get BST or BST/SMN parties going pretty often. It used to be a lot more common when sync range was wider, but they still happen. I'm usually up for one if I have time.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next