Lobby: Up
Online: 66
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Controller issues
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:23 pm 

So im desperately trying to play them game and searching the forums havent turned up my answer, im having issues with the controller config. I cant get the config to let me either map menus to d pad in some setups or camera to right stick in others. so either i cant use the d pad or where the d pad works the camera registers as L/R trigger and just spins. please help

Post subject: Re: Controller issues
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:35 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=192&start=10#p11893 - If your controller's buttons are doing things they shouldn't, or directional pad / analog sticks are not responding or doing things they shouldn't be. (Read here if you're experiencing issues while attempting to configure a new controller)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4299#p16769 - *For Xbox controllers* If you see "Enable xInput" grayed out on your configuration tool. (Movement, camera not working / triggers responding slowly or not at all, but other buttons do. This issue sometimes appears in earlier versions of Windows operating systems.)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3971#p15137 - If a controller isn't recognized at all in-game, but it's configured and tested using FFXIpadConfig Tool.

Here are some ideas that may work for you. Read through those topics that relate to your problems. One important thing to note is that you run ffxipadconfig as administrator to ensure the new settings are saved.

Last edited by Sinclair on Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:57 am, edited 14 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:11 pm 

No dice, did the uninstall/re install, and removing the device resetting to default. Still nothing. Still running into the problem that the Default config controls allows the correct buttons except it wont let me set camera to right stick. Alternate set up E allows me to have the correct buttons except it wont let me bind menus movement to d pad. Not sure if it matter but my xbone controller is connected via bluetooth to my laptop.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:37 pm 

Have you tried any other default setup options? I have heard of those who started with default setup A and had results.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:27 am 

ya, A-B- and C dont let me map d pad or right stick. :'( maybe ill just buy a wired controller? would hate to buy one and run into the same problems though. At this point ill try anything, im so close to being able to play like it was 2006 it hurts. ugh idk what to do :/. i dont know what im doing wrong :(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:41 am 

*Solution* So after all this struggle i went to default set up where is was registering my LT and RT as my camera controls but would just spin in game. Well when i went in this time to map the camera to the right stick i held LT so that the dot was in the center of the box and while holding it there i mapped the right stick to it (UP,down,left,right)while holding LT and Boom it worked and set it!!! Thanks for the help along the way!!! ill see you in game :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:44 pm 

Just curious were you ever able to map menus to d-pad or was that a dead end?

your spinning camera issue sounds like you have another controller in your environment (plugged in or drivers installed) you should have also gone into Windows Game Controller calibration and "Reset to Defaults" this has fixed this scenario for me in countless other games.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:19 am 

setup e definitely works, but itll scroew with the connectivity with your kb (making it not work). config a, setup as needed *simularly as E* and launch, click on the screen, if the enter key proceeds to launch the titles, it worked, your controller will work aswell. took me 2 days of research and headaches toying around to figure it out @.@