Lobby: Up
Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: MAKING GIL STARTING OUT
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:36 am 

This gets asked a lot. I had this written up on the old nasomi forums, but I've been too lazy to write it up again. This may not be the fastest gil/time, but it's pretty darn close to being the most efficient you can be.

Before we begin, here are some things you may or may not know.
-On nasomi, you can have unlimited things on the AH.
-If you check your sales status, you will be unable to put more things on the ah until you take everything off by repeatedly checking status and removing items OR until you zone.
-Undercut, undercut, undercut!
-On nasomi, we have access to a mog sack and mog satchel that have as many slots as your inventory bag, and also a mog case that holds 80 slots. Don't use the mog wardrobe. These are accessible everywhere in game.
-It's more efficient to farm as minimal as possible and level up. Attaining higher levels opens up better gil/hour methods. As such, level up your main and your sub only. Don't waste time taking all 6 jobs to 14 farming junk.
-Check AH prices on stacks of everything.
-Always have on signet.

If you start in San d'Oria
-Farm fire crystals from orcs in Fort Ghelsba/Ghelsba Outpost. Sell these on the Auction House. They run on average 1k a stack. You can level your main and sub to 14 on these (people don't start dunes parties until ~14 here). Also take thf to 15 for treasure hunter.
-Dark crystals from funguars in ghelsba, 3-5k/stack.
-Should note for Sandy folks, before you get to orcs, you can trade in Rabbit hides(3) 120g Parvipon - Southern San d'Oria (E-8) and Batwings(2) 200g Secodiand - Northern San d'Oria (F-6), for gil and fame. -Zephton

If you start in Bastok
-Farm wind crystals, beehive chips, honey, and land crab meat from the maneating hornets and crabs by dangruf wadi. NPC the crab meat, AH the rest, I personally buy shittons of wind crystals.
-Make 1.5k gil, buy fire crystals and copper ore from the goldsmithing guild and make copper ingots. Sell them on the AH for 5k/stack. It's 3.5k profit/stack. You might break some starting out, you can use synth support if you'd like, but this is such easy gil/time.
COPPER INGOT (level 3)
1x FIRE CRYSTAL, 4x COPPER ORE

-Farm zinc ore from worms. Sell them on the AH or synth them into brass ingots if you already leveled to 3 on copper ingots. They sell for 14k/stack. Buying all the materials from the AH costs you 6.5k, for a 7.5k profit/stack. Retardedly easy. Make take a day or two to sell, thats why you undercut. You will need to use advanced goldsmithing support for these if you're starting out at level 3 goldsmithing.
BRASS INGOT (level 9)
1x FIRE CRYSTAL. 1x ZINC ORE, 3x COPPER ORE

If you start in Windurst
-Farm silk thread and sell on the ah. When people buy silk, they buy a lot of it. I don't buy as much as I used to, but even I still buy some.
-From the same crawlers you get crawlers calculus. You can trade 3 of them to the npc Illu Bohjaa I-6 in Windurst Woods for 600 gil. Easy.
-Farm cornettes, yuhtunga sulfur, and four-leaf mandragora buds and trade them to Yoran-Oran in Windurst Walls E-5 for varying amounts of gil 200-350. They drop quick.
-Farm fire crystals from goblins in East Sarutabaruta by the southern tower or in the Horutoto Ruins entering from East Sarutabaruta tower at J-7. Sell these on the AH.

Last edited by Cilarnen on Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:25 am 

Using one of these three methods, level your main job to 14 and buy only the gear that actually does something. Level your subjob to 14 also, and THF to 15(you'll need it later on for treasure hunter). Party in the dunes 18+, get your sub, party in qufim to 25, party in bibiki bay to 28 or 29, I don't remember when it dies, or level sync your way to 30.

Once you get level 30, you can start making better gil by npc farming. Go lvl30main sub 15thf. NPC farming is great since you don't have to waste time waiting for stuff to sell on the AH.

Kill Leeches in Buburimu penninsula and npc the blood that they drop. This gets you like 20-25k/hr.
Kill Yagudo Pipers in giddeus and npc the mage's ballad scrolls they drop, also sell silver beastcoins that drop on the ah. IIrc this gets you 20k/hr as well.

If you are a BLM, once you hit lv34-38 you can farm lightning clusters from Thunder Elemental's in qufim, and the rare light clusters for light elementals too. This is your easiest gil/hr for your level and believe me you'll need it. It's about 45k/hr putting them on the AH. Don't forget to put single clusters, and break some clusters into stacks of 12 crystals too. Diversify and make every sale!

Using the minimal amount of farming, use this to level up even higher. It should be good enough to take you to lv50. At this time (lvl30) if you haven't already you can farm Leaping Lizzy for your boots, and Valkurm Emperor for your hairpin, as well as whatever other low lvl NM drops you want, or just buy them since they are rather cheap.

I don't remember the exact level it starts, but 40+ you should be able to farm Spider Webs from either korroloka tunnel or eastern altepa desert NE area along the wall. You can steal webs from the spiders too.

You can also farm goblins in yuhtunga jungle right at the start and npc the gear they drop, as well as get fire crystals and regular gil, this should be 20-30k/hr

Black Tiger fangs from tigers in jugner/batallia is another option as well. Turn them into a npc in sandy or jeuno(i dont remember which, can't check ffxiclopedia at work) for 2.1k/3 fangs. This should be 20-30k/hr too.

Even another option is farming quadav helms in beadeaux. Turn them in to Goraow Bastok Mines I-6 for 900gil a piece. Again this should be 20k+/hr.

After this, you're on your own! Spider webs is probably your best farming option all the way to 75 but becareful of flooding the ah! Start fishing/crafting and build your own empire if you'd like!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:39 am 

Damn I really like how you put crafting in the mix.

I'd like to add beeswax here. They don't sell as fast as beehive chips but since it caps at 5, you can start doing it right away at skill 0.

Fire crystal + 3 beehive chips + distrill water.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:29 am 

Nice dude, thanks for writing this up! I gotta get to level 30 so I can farm the blood you mentioned :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:53 am 

Great post, one thing I'd mention for Black Mages/Red Mages/Thiefs/Corsairs/Bards is OWNM, which can be very profitable, and kinda fun. The good ones, I believe start at Lv40~. Look out for the recruitment calls in Moghouse Chat, you may even be able to get into a static group.

I got into one as I was levelling my BRD, it was great gil and cut out tons of hours of necessary grinding.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:33 pm 

Should note for Sandy folks, before you get to orcs, you can trade in Rabbit hides(3) 120g Parvipon - Southern San d'Oria (E-8) and Batwings(2) 200g Secodiand - Northern San d'Oria (F-6), for gil and fame.

My progression usually in sandy is 1-10 on rabbits/bats and do the turn ins. 10-13 Fungus/orcs in the cave in ghelsba for dark/fire crystals (3k/1k a stack), then orcs in fort ghelsba for gear drops (npc) and fire crystals and you can stay there till 18.

for me I do not mind leveling slower if I am making money while doing so. This allows me to purchase gear/spells as I need them. (or did when I started)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:52 pm 

I might sound like a noob but how do people make money off mage ballad, I thought they vendor for like 200 but the same players keep buying all the scrolls I put up (about 900 Gil each)
Is there a quest or better way I could be investing these bad boys?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:48 pm 

mag'es ballad doesn't vendor for 1k on the server? I could swear they did. did you try vendoring it?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:16 pm 

Ya know I should probably check Wikipedia is probably wrong about what it vendors for... Lol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:56 pm 

Cilarnen wrote:
-Undercut, undercut, undercut!

Please don't. This just screws everyone over except the already established people. Show a little patience instead of tanking the prices of things.