Lobby: Up
Online: 52
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:33 am 

If you are on installer v19 or v20, you shouldn't need to download the latest installer again, just this latest launcher. Install v21 will basically be this launcher + v19/v20's installer. If you want to download v20, grab it here: https://na.nasomi.com/download.php (I recommend the torrent, it's faster)

Legacy players (players from before early 2018) should also visit viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5997 for information about binding their legacy game accounts to forum accounts, which is now required to log into the game.

On 12/21/2018 Nas released an update to the launcher

You need this new launcher to connect and play on nasomi. It is not included in the current installer.
New launcher download:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7975 (thread)
https://na.nasomi.com/software/Ashita.zip (direct link)

This launcher has vital fixes that improve gameplay, differentiating nasomi from any other FFXI experience, including retail.

I recommend backing up your macros (found in the USER folder from "..\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\USER") and to back up your old launcher incase you want to move it's configurations into the new launcher (but take note, if you use --server nasomi.com --hairpin, you may not be able to connect! Leave the "Command" box blank!!). Launcher configs are stored in "Ashita\Config\Boot".

"How do I use the new launcher?"

Extract the .zip anywhere on your computer. You do not need to overwrite your current Ashita (which is the launcher nasomi uses). Then, run the ashita.exe inside the Ashita folder. It's that easy!
Overwriting your ashita folder with this one sometimes causes windows to ignore some of the files, preventing you from logging in! To fix this, delete your ashita folder first, then place this new one where the old one was.

Issues
1. Failed to obtain PlayOnline path from system registry

You have an OLD INSTALL VERSION (or a broken or incomplete install) and need to use the latest installer version at https://na.nasomi.com/download.php (I recommend the torrent, it's faster). You still need to use the new launcher, however.

2. Failed to resolve host name/Failed to connect to server

Your ISP/local network hasn't obtained nas's new IP yet. You can wait, or try using a different DNS server. To change your DNS server, go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network Connections in Windows, right click the adapter you're using (for example, Wi-fi), and select Properties. Then, click on where it says "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and click Properties. Select "Use the following DNS server addresses:" and enter something like 1.1.1.1, which is Cloudflare's DNS; or 8.8.8.8 etc. Then, open cmd.exe and use the command:
Code:
ipconfig /flushdns

You may also need to disable IPv6.

If you're coming from an old install version where you had to input --server nasomi.com --hairpin, and you proceeded to do this for this launcher, undo that change. You do not need to specify the hostname/IP to connect to nasomi, and doing so may cause problems, like being unable to connect to the server.

3. Recast appears off-screen (fixed, grab latest version of launcher at link at top)

Grab your recast from your old launcher or edit the Ashita\Scripts\Addons\recast\settings\recast.json file with the position you want it on screen. Do this without the game open.

4. Game window is always small, doesn't follow your ashita config settings, grainy, gamepad settings broken, etc or Failed to inject ashita

Grab the latest installer here: https://na.nasomi.com/download.php (use the torrent, it's much faster), and THEN use the new launcher. Probably an issue with your registry settings being weird compared to what ashita expects since you're on an old version.

5. Addons/plugins don't load automatically anymore (and ambient etc)

You can re-enable their automatic loading in Ashita\Scripts\Default.txt
For example, under /addon load Distance, you can add
Code:
/addon load recast
/addon load fps
/addon load drawdistance
/addon load tparty

You can then use them like normal ingame (shift click drag for recast, /fps 1 for 60 fps, /drawdistance setworld 10 etc). You may even add these to the Default.txt.

Additional functionality was added where you can toggle TP without loading tparty by using an ingame function:
Code:
/partyinfo showtp

If you don't want this built-in TP meter, you can toggle it by typing that command or pressing F12.

/ambient (aka "F11") was removed for a short time in the first release of this launcher but re-added due to player feedback. If you downloaded a launcher without it, grab the latest at the link at the top of this post.

If you have trouble for whatever reason using /ambient on F11, add this to Default.txt:
Code:
/bind F11 /ambien7

6. Failed to launch boot file, boot.exe
Windows Defender or some other antiviruses flag the boot.exe, which is used to run the game, as a virus (Win32/Cloxer.D!lc). This is a false positive. Most antiviruses on VirusTotal do not detect a virus, the same goes even for the original pol.exe, even the tetra master config, etc - they all have at least 1 antivirus flag them as a virus. The changes in this launcher which may have caused it to be detected as a virus include increased interaction with the game, for performance reasons, rather than allowing FFXI to take care of it itself. Windows likely doesn't trust this inter-process interaction as it could be done for malicious reasons.

You need to restore the file from Windows Defender in order to play. Look up Threat history (by searching) or "Virus & Threat protection". Find "Quarantined Threats". Select the latest, see details to confirm it is the correct file (boot.exe) and click "Restore".

edit: I contacted Microsoft and asked them to scan the file manually. They concluded there is no virus, and the false positive will be removed from their virus definitions. https://i.gyazo.com/516d48cec2db9ce54a9 ... 8efd63.png

7. FFXI-4001
One of the changes nas had done to the client seems to have caused some mixups that cause you to disconnect from the server when zoning if certain conditions are met. This partially reverts some of those changes, allowing you to play again without frequent disconnects on zoning, but without killing the quick zoning. However, if you do not experience these issues, you should avoid using this modified boot.exe.

Nasomi edit: Here is a patched loader https://na.nasomi.com/software/Ashita.zip

The above Ashita.zip now contains this fix for everybody, which I disagree with, but nas has done it anyway. In the future, the option for the improved client speed should be available again, but as of now every download of the launcher works like normal in that regard.

Still having issues connecting? Are you accidentally using the old launcher?

If you're a legacy player (played from before ~2018 and are now back, also check viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5997

Last edited by Nabutso on Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:31 am, edited 49 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:43 am 

i'm getting stuck at notifying lobby server of current selections after choosing my character, but everything works fine before that. any suggestions?

nevermind, i had to clear session. i was stuck online

Last edited by mirmu on Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:52 am 

at .2% the torrent download stops and says access denied. I didn't have any issues downloading the old one.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:02 am 

I found this completely unhelpful. Thanks for trying though.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:05 am 

Aeroo wrote:
I found this completely unhelpful. Thanks for trying though.

Please explain the issue aeroo, I want to help

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:10 am 

Is there fix w/o downloading the new installer for Number 4

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:11 am 

I cannot for the life of me get this new launcher downloaded. The direct download one doesn't respond when I click on the link.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:12 am 

Got it to work and got online. But, now I canot play full screen anymore. There's no option to minimize, expand or x out of the window. Any idea how to fix that?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:16 am 

True Logic wrote:
I cannot for the life of me get this new launcher downloaded. The direct download one doesn't respond when I click on the link.

Please try the mirror now posted below the direct download

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:21 am 

yeah would be nice to not have to get the new installer, any fix for #4?