Lobby: Up
Online: 52
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:14 pm 

This is probably one of the worst ideas I have heard of for this server. Not only is it probably impossible to do it on the website, but its useless.
People change gear all the time, sometimes there not wearing there party gear when there seeking. if you don't want someone gimp in your party
you need to deal with it in game like it's always been.(boot them or tell them in party). This change would also make elitisim WAY more a thing than before,
and sometimes some people just don't have good gear(depending on there current gil). So someone could have sub decent gear, but make up for it in other
ways, like food and some good skill level(whenever its needed). Penalizing people with this change would be ridiculous.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:51 pm 

AraY wrote:
Guscles wrote:
bengeeman wrote:

I'm aware of that. Thanks for explaining.

What about when people are fishing while seeking PT? You gonna ask them to go get their gear on so you can make sure they meet your standards?

How about people who are crafting?

People who are soloing and wearing a different gear set?

This game incorporates so much gear swapping that this tool is going to end up causing more issues than it solves.

Can you imagine the load on a Homebrew server that needs to update every single time someone changes gear? When I'm exping, my gear changes a hundred times. Multiply that by 500 other players.

Might as well just start listing your best pieces in SEACOM which most people don't even know how to use anyways.

As mentioned previously in this thread. Yes, if you're going to party then be ready to party. Wear your party gear. Plain and simple. I would rather have to do that than get get invited by some under geared sad excused of warrior / axe war. This tool will fix everything. And guess what, another solution would be the party leader has a brain and says "hey, switch to your party gear real quick so i can check it out". You think that will be difficult? Not at all.

I like the idea of this website tool, I liked it on my old server and I like it on FFXIAH. I don’t want it for the reasons stated though, what player in their right mind would even use it whilst partying? Just adds more effort to an already annoying process, if by chance you invite someone that is either shitty or under geared just remember their name and don’t invite them again... it’s not hard I do it all the time. This feature is/should be used just to show off what you have endgame not used as a tool when partying low level, I’d prefer someone with shittyish gear that eats food to one with decentish gear and no food.

Now that that’s out of the way, I find it funny that you’re the one making this thread and for the reasons you state. Every time you have invited me to party you have been under geared, lacking of skill and toxic as heck. Guaranteed you had just had one of your classic terrible parties and made this thread out of anger, at a certain point you surely have to start wondering if maybe you’re the problem?

No idea, who you are. This is the reason why forums to post names is a bad idea. People like you posting the wrong names and punishing others. With a gear check there would be no lying at all. Thank's for proving my point and need for this tool even more.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:43 am 

Someone else said what I've been saying for months. Nasomi forums need a Gimp/WTF player thread along with E-peen dmg SS thread.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:17 am 

bengeeman wrote:
Can you imagine the load on a Homebrew server that needs to update every single time someone changes gear? When I'm exping, my gear changes a hundred times. Multiply that by 500 other players.

Do you think the gear you're using is stored client side or something?

The gear viewer on the website could just query the same tables in the database that your current equipped gear is already stored, or if you're worried about load on that DB you could read replica it, or use redis/memcached as a cache, or a half dozen other solutions.

I haven't looked at the DSP database schema, or obviously whatever changes Nasomi might have made over the years, but it should be an incredibly inexpensive query either way.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:29 pm 

Kazen wrote:
Someone else said what I've been saying for months. Nasomi forums need a Gimp/WTF player thread along with E-peen dmg SS thread.

Since all the mods died, and it's just Nasomi, I think we can probably just do this Deft?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:34 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
Kazen wrote:

Since all the mods died, and it's just Nasomi, I think we can probably just do this Deft?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:49 pm 

I'm not in favor of this. I have my around town gear and multiple sets of gear depending on what I'm doing. Having multiple sets in inventory is to much, so I keep most of it in storage/lockers and wear minimal gear when i'm searching for a party while doing quests, fishing, or crafting. When the invite comes, I ask what level is the sync, then gear appropriate gear for that level. It takes all of 5 minutes to gear up when the invite comes, but I'm not going to waste that precious inventory space while i'm crafting or fishing with gear that could otherwise be in storage.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:25 am 

Nobody is a hostage in this game.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:42 am 

Kazen wrote:

I'm all for this, but just give us a mostly un-moderated section of the board to make posts like this within reason. Drama is already going to happen in-game regardless of whatever gets said on forums. Also would mostly contain the shit posting to a specified portion of the board that would make a moderator's life easier.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:38 am 

Tex wrote:
Kazen wrote:

I'm all for this, but just give us a mostly un-moderated section of the board to make posts like this within reason. Drama is already going to happen in-game regardless of whatever gets said on forums. Also would mostly contain the shit posting to a specified portion of the board that would make a moderator's life easier.

Been saying this for almost a year as well lol

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next