Online: 61
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Seij's Video Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:41 am 

Aperture wrote:
I'd be interested in attempting this one as well. Would be cool to see who could manage to pull it off first. I'm willing to bet that the blind potions were more of a hinderance than a help, though.

EDIT: I LOVE U SEIJ I WATCHED ALL UR VIDS BACK IN THE DAY AND INSPIRED ME TO LVL RDM THEN!

EDIT EDIT: Are you /thf there? I really think you should try /rdm and just rock a ton of yag drinks/perseikos. As a thf with D ring/jelly/evasion gear and phalanx 2, I was taking as low as 10 dmg per typhoon. I basically didn't need shadows. If you can buff up to that point it should be easy enough. Anyways, You've inspired me to try this as soon as today and I will report back!

(NOT TRYING TO STEAL YOUR THUNDER HERE JUST OFFERING SOME FRIENDLY RIVALRY. NIN SOLO 4 LIFE)

Haha, no worries. A little competition is always fun. :)

I was thinking about going /rdm as well, but decided to try out an evasion focused setup first since inventory space is at a premium and I imagine it would take quite a few hp/mp drinks to complete the fight. As it turns out, even an evasion strat will probably require at least a few meds (some viles, and a handful of hi-pots at least), since there's almost no chance of making it 30+ minutes without a single Typhoon getting through. It seems to be at least a 3-hit move as I've seen up to 3x shadows wiped at once.

Definitely interested in seeing how your attempt goes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:42 am 

After having camped Despot for a bit the night before and logging in the middle of the gauntlet, I logged in this morning to him attacking me as the system and LS messages scrolled by lol.

https://youtu.be/Ps9BsmZkWPM

Pretty easy really, other than a minute or two in the middle where his accuracy seemed to improve and he got some lucky hits in. NIN/DRK mostly for killing the placeholders since Meltdown can be a little bit of an issue.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:45 pm 

Died at 80% my first try. Resisted blind and didn't have nearly enough evasion gear. Came back with more magic accuracy gear to land Kurayami and...

NIN/RDM. Two vile elixirs were used, but honestly they weren't needed. Had enough Perseikos and Kitron juices to keep HP and MP at a comfortable place. I bought 2 bat earrings that I didn't need to use. I was planning to activate them If I started resisting Kurayami too much (and then eye drop right after because heck that acc down on blind potions), but Chat staff accuracy is very nice.

I think you should be able to do it NP Seij, just make sure you have enough accuracy to land blind reliably.

Next up: Dynamis Valkurm Mega Boss.

List of things that could be interesting to attempt as NIN or THF:

THF Faust solo
Mother Globe
Ix'Drk
Suzaku

I realize that the meds required to pull some of these off would extend way beyond what one is capable of holding on their person at one time. Would it still be considered a solo to have an alt nearby with meds/drinks bazaar'd?

EDIT: Special shout out to Koopa, Exelyon, and Alleah for letting me take claim from you to try this solo. Hard to find it up unclaimed these days.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:50 am 

Aperture wrote:
Died at 80% my first try. Resisted blind and didn't have nearly enough evasion gear. Came back with more magic accuracy gear to land Kurayami and...

Very impressive. Nice work :)

About how long would you say that fight took?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:56 am 

Thanks, Seij. Was really happy with how it went. based on the timer on my food, probably a little under 35min?

Just tried Valk boss and was utterly demolished. If you can solo it you will be a god. Do I think it's possible? yes, but it's unlikely anyone will ever do it within the 1hr mark. you'd honestly need someone to run around and get the TE while fighting.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:40 pm 

Here's Faust: https://youtu.be/_8yJQOfHHkk

I had just unlocked my first San nuke and was curious how they'd do, so I thought I'd try out a nuking setup while attempting to eat Typhoons in full evasion gear. Hyoton: San was hitting for 222, while the other Ni's where hitting for 158 when unresisted. Not bad considering my nuke setup is pretty weak. A Chat. Staff and Ninjutsu Torque would probably go a long ways towards reducing resists, and a bit more int. would certainly help as well. Could possibly get him under 30 min with proper setup and merits.

Real "Oh Shit" moment @ about 8:40 :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:02 pm 

Zipacna (NIN/RDM): https://youtu.be/CpzcGPLpa70

His attacks are pretty quick, and hits a bit harder than a normal Aura Statue, but not too difficult for the most part. His AoEs can be dangerous, but he needs TP to use them, which you can control the rate of whenever recovery time is needed.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:55 am 

Supposed to be a video thread, but I completely forgot to hit record on this one lol. Oh well, will just have to go kill it again sometime :)

NIN/DRG ftw. All damage through Dokumori and jump attacks, which give 0 mob tp. Evasion setup + debuffs and it's not too hard to avoid getting hit, but a longish fight at nearly 2 hrs since ninja poison is pretty crappy.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:08 am 

very impressive. well done

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:47 pm 

I would love to see a Mother Globe video, how you thinking about doing it?