Lobby: Up
Online: 52
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: WHM/NIN
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:06 am 

EXPing is a slog lower level with all the PL's hanging around, and while yeah making your own party is totally viable option, I was wondering if there were any alternatives. What's the viability of a WHM/NIN solo at lower levels? Or with a PL? Could I keep up as a DD for parties?Image

Post subject: Re: WHM/NIN
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:46 am 

I did WHM/NIN from 20 to 37 duo with my alt as WAR/NIN. Well equipped, you will be able to do as much as an undergeared DD. Auto attack damage is good but you start to fall behind on WS dmg even with gear swap.

Viability really depends on you tbh. If you or your party members have a PL, I’m sure it’s better than just sitting there tossing regens. Imo play what you like to play, just don’t get mad if people don’t toss you invites haha.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:58 pm 

Okey wrote:
just don’t get mad if people don’t toss you invites haha.

lol, nothing I'm not already used to, so I might as well give it a shot. Since the PL setup involves just cramming as many dd's together with a tank as possible for maximum dps, it might not be such a terrible idea for parties desperate to get that 6th dd slot rather than just taking pity on a whm.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:43 am 

WHM/NIN solo can work quite well in Crawler's Nest; make sure you Dia everything, you need high acc and attack, though so get whatever food is best for you. I like the regular crawlers until 40, then bop caveberries for gil + exp.
You can do this from around 38 or 39 but I'd imagine any lower and I think you lose out on gear options.

Personally I did this around the 40's in a duo with any other DD I could get my hands on. I used the Federation gear for Attack bonuses (feet slot, hands slot) which was nice. There isn't much armor WHM gets typically around that level.

I've only really done this on Galka and Taru on Nasomi, but it worked exceptionally well as a Galka in an actual party (especially with BRD + COR support). As a Tarutaru it was ass and I didn't really feel like my damage was maxing out like it did with Galka, especially around KRT levels and higher. I imagine if you're Elvaan it's not too much better but I haven't tried it, they get way more MND which matters. Oh yeah I also meritted Club before attempting this, lol.

WHM/NIN is only viable imo if the party really can't get another DD and almost all the time they will, but if you offer it with a PL and just do healing duty whilst also dd'ing? It's not bad, even more so if you're the only healer and you're just melee burning. You can Dia every mob that comes in or even be a puller if you can't even get that.

I think for soloing there are places I never tried at low level cause it was so quick to get to Crawlers Nest, but it is quite slow early on since there isn't much gear really. I had 2 Republic Hammers for the +3 Acc bonus and used them for quite a long time until I reached Crawler's Nest (and even sometimes here for stats) since there isn't anything better.

I probably remember stuff wrong here since it's been a while since I leveled WHM. Nearer the end I just did Aht Urhgan camps for EXP and offered up my WHM + a PL or did duoing or w/e