Lobby: Up
Online: 39
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:21 pm 

FFXI is a really odd case for me. I played it when I was 5 w/ my Dad, miraculously got lvl 20 watching little guy hit big guy with sword for hours on end, and the game taught me how to read. That is not a joke or exaggeration, the game actually taught me how to read at insane levels for a 5 year old. I returned to the game a year ago, but rethought it, and went here because I wanted to experience it as it was, not how my Dad describes the Live version as "A hideous amalgamation of the simplicity of WoW and the supposed-to-be complexity of FFXI".

With that, I come to the reason I'm making this post. Desperation. Pure and unfiltered desperation. For 8 months I tried to get my friends to even gaze at FFXI's 2001 graphics for 2 seconds without hissing and screeching, and for 8 months that's all they did. It's clear to me now that they'll never even try it, so my only hope is to come here, to people who already appreciate the game, and won't screech like animals over its graphics.

As of right now, I'm a lvl 18 RDM Hume named Allyeston on the Windurst half of the Bastok Emmisary mission, I did this all solo, with no prior knowledge of the game (GOD PLEASE KILL ME), and ran across the iconic roadblocks my Dad would always talk about when I was 5. Y'know, the whole Fetich Quadav mission, the tunnel in Valkrum filled with bats, Warchief Vatgit (I solo'd him at lvl 16 RDM I am actually God), the whole thing. But I'm finally at that point where solo isn't even an option anymore. If someone out there is willing to be a Messiah for a genuine 2005 FFXI noob who knows Gustaberg like the back of his hand, but doesn't know what the Subjob Quest is to save his life, please, the title says it all.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:45 pm 

try to join a linkshell you will make friends and probably go adventure with them ! wish u luck on finding friends to play with

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:54 pm 

I suggest you try out retail so you can at least experience the story. You can beat the story of all the content in a month or two now if you try hard enough. Easier to learn ropes as a noob too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:15 pm 

Names lowcal if still need a hand or just to make a friend shoot me a message.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:44 pm 

Editititedeeed

Last edited by The_Carrot on Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:52 am 

im on vacation and am still setting up my computers, but feel free to /sea me and send me a tell for help/networking. your story gives me feels

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:24 pm 

Julia wrote:
im on vacation and am still setting up my computers, but feel free to /sea me and send me a tell for help/networking. your story gives me feels

Totally, me too. If I was able to play FFXI (machine issues) I'd be all over this to help out. There are people who will help you, OP. Try shouting in towns for assistance with things, and definitely make sure to check the wiki for guides and info. There's a lot on the forum here too, but the wiki will save you soooo much time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:15 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10684
might i extend an offer to join us. we're in the business of helping lowbies.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:10 pm 

desch3445 wrote:
But I'm finally at that point where solo isn't even an option anymore.

Solo is ALWAYS an option :D

Feel free to message me in game, I'm on usually 10pm-1am EST. If you need any help/want to ask questions/or want to team up (I'm working on some lower level jobs atm).

In game on Swann.