Lobby: Up
Online: 45
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:41 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Helpful in game addons
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:02 pm 

Does anyone want to share their favorite helpful in game commands?

Example:

Check your character stats
/checkparam <me>

Other things may include how to stop your character from blinking when changing equipment, how to see other party member's status effects, etc.

If it's not allowed on Nasomi please say so.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:06 pm 

You ought to be able to see a party member's status effect by targeting them.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:16 pm 

The armor thing is setting armor to static, but then I believe you don't see armor it just shows a blank character.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:25 pm 

I've actually never seen a difference when using the config menu to set armor to static. My armor changes and my character blinks and it annoys healers I think.

I really wish I could figure out a way to not blink. I swear it exists.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:19 pm 

Stimps wrote:
I've actually never seen a difference when using the config menu to set armor to static. My armor changes and my character blinks and it annoys healers I think.

/lockstyle

Used to work here, but I think some people found an exploit using it to crash zones or something (my memory fails me on this) and it got disabled as a result.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:41 pm 

Stimps wrote:

This prevents others from blinking (as long as they don't change weapons), it doesn't prevent you from blinking.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:59 am 

Blinking is good! Helps tremendously when kiting something. You save a lot of time when blinking the spell animation

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:31 pm 

Guedj wrote:
Stimps wrote:

/lockstyle

Used to work here, but I think some people found an exploit using it to crash zones or something (my memory fails me on this) and it got disabled as a result.

Yes! That was it! Too bad it doesn't work here now. Thank you for clarifying that though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:10 am 

My fave in game feature is the now-defunct Lock Style mechanic. Why? Imagine this:

You have this favorite job of yours, and you like to wear the AF/Relic of that job. Let's say, a mage job, like RDM.

Now, you are seeking as a job that is known to do nothing but melee. Let's say, a THF. Then you got a party. But since you like to wear that fave job AF/Relic of yours, you /lockstyle'd it.

Now you go on a party. Imagine your party members being confused, or laughing their pants off, over seeing a character, on their party wearing RDM AF, going to the back of your tank, doing SATA.

That is both hilarious to look at on their eyes, and fun to look at on yours. (and slightly evil, considering it's a bit annoying, if you think about it...since most of the time, people may confuse you as not playing your job right, but, yeah.)

But then those a**hat exploiters went in and abused it. They just can't get enough ruining the fun, don't they?

RIP Lock Style. You will be missed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:18 pm 

Hi,

As a player, /blist add <name> & /autotarget off When I was doing some troubleshooting or updating a WIKI page /ver

After becoming a mod, I guess /wave or /welcome It's helpful to be nice back to someone that was nice to you. :)

:!: Please note that if your posts or responses are deleted on the forums, chances are it was inappropriate, inflammatory, or someone else was defamed.