Lobby: Up
Online: 58
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Mobs turning white
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:18 am 

Snickers wrote:
didnt HiB take aspid not too long ago that was claimed to another ls? the ls (more than 2 ppl obv) w/ aspid agg'd 1 mob and it caused a small moment where HiB could claim, i didnt see it go white myself but after that mob agg'd, they lost claim to aspid while their pld was meleeing aspid, was pretty neat. then again aspids been weird for months now w/ it showing it's gonna pop at a certain window

They had aggro on too many mobs. When their RDM cast Sleep 2 on a raptor they had claim on too many, and aspid dropped. It happens immediately after the sleep on a mob that was previously white.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:18 am 

Snickers wrote:
didnt HiB take aspid not too long ago that was claimed to another ls? the ls (more than 2 ppl obv) w/ aspid agg'd 1 mob and it caused a small moment where HiB could claim, i didnt see it go white myself but after that mob agg'd, they lost claim to aspid while their pld was meleeing aspid, was pretty neat. then again aspids been weird for months now w/ it showing it's gonna pop at a certain window

It was neat. Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:47 am 

When it comes to aspid adds, it's going to be rough sometimes. You can see when fighting something in an ally that the shade of the mob's red changes frequently. That is because the claim on the mob is being assigned to a specific party. If you have an alliance with a party of only 2-3 people in it, you could be screwing yourself. If that small party is the last to act on aspid, and someone else in the party is casting sleeps or sleepga to try and control adds and more mobs get hit than people in that party, aspid will turn white.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:53 pm 

As Aeroo mentioned, there is always a reason why a mob goes white but sometimes it is just due to some coding inaccuracies that aren't exactly retail era accurate. It's important to know and understand the nuances of the claim system here.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:12 pm 

That Aspid was due to multiple mobs being claimed, to my knowledge. What I was seeing was me on THF, auto attacking a buffalo on even ground by the ramp. There were no JAs, no parties, no aggro, no weapon skills, and it was facing me the whole time. I'm not worried about someone stealing my farm mobs, more so curious if anyone else has seen this and could replicate it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:11 pm 

Also tell your THFs that if you ever see them use hide your gonna kick them from the LS, that shit is buggy as all hell.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:12 pm 

Aeroo wrote:
Would like to see a video. In 3 years of playing here I have never once seen a mob turn white for no reason. There is ALWAYS a reason. If it's a regular mob, it's possible you walked into a soft spot and it deagro'd you. But it never happens with nm's, ever. If your nm turned white, it's because you hit hide, the last person who tagged it zoned, or you claimed more adds than people in your party.

hold on to your britches Aeroo, but: Bugs exist sometimes too

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:45 pm 

Sodaru wrote:
That Aspid was due to multiple mobs being claimed, to my knowledge. What I was seeing was me on THF, auto attacking a buffalo on even ground by the ramp. There were no JAs, no parties, no aggro, no weapon skills, and it was facing me the whole time. I'm not worried about someone stealing my farm mobs, more so curious if anyone else has seen this and could replicate it.

I've noticed kiting mobs lately they would turn white if no damage was done in about 1min or so, could have been a few misses in a row after the buffalo used it's evasion boost? Definitely seems some things have changed recently on holding claim.... It's probably tied to a floor limit on emnity to maintain claim state.... Just a theory though, I have no hard evidence to support this assumption.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:49 pm 

I'll be farming it more in the next few days so I guess I'll keep OBS open.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:08 pm 

The_Carrot wrote:
Sodaru wrote:

I've noticed kiting mobs lately they would turn white if no damage was done in about 1min or so, could have been a few misses in a row after the buffalo used it's evasion boost? Definitely seems some things have changed recently on holding claim.... It's probably tied to a floor limit on emnity to maintain claim state.... Just a theory though, I have no hard evidence to support this assumption.

I've been petrified by lizards for 45 seconds and they stay red, so must be something else?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next