Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:06 pm 

80% stick will get your group straight up murdered on a lot of things

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:39 pm 

I prefer dots over melee on my rdm, but if you do alot of meleeing dia 3 may be your thing.

I use rdm on my alt, (still has work to do but)
Rdm/blm stacking dots to debuff+dps out of 1 macro just works well for me, bio 3, poison 2, and stack burn/choke/shock for when my main is doing damage, or rasp/drown/frost when my main is tankin, toss a dark shot from a cor, and just let the dots do their thing while my alt does the slows, refresh, haste, silence or whatever else. Comes out to around 2k dmg for 150 mp, over 3min, plenty of time to get other casts in, + it's like -20% atk down on mobs, and -15? vit/int/mnd or dex/agi/str, coupling rasp/drown/frost with my main on drk, does some nice things when paired with absorbs. *shrugs* that's what works best for me, as always tho, do what's best for you and yours. I think you already know what u wanna do tho xD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:42 pm 

Starbright wrote:
I lack the ability to critically think so I parrot what other people say without knowing anything myself.

That's ok, friend. I made this topic so that people who are informed can discuss the benefits of these two options. You can just sit and watch if you don't understand what's going on.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:49 pm 

OperationFail wrote:
Starbright wrote:
I lack the ability to critically think so I parrot what other people say without knowing anything myself.

That's ok, friend. I made this topic so that people who are informed can discuss the benefits of these two options. You can just sit and watch if you don't understand what's going on.

Reverse that. People are trying to make you see that you are uninformed about the topic, and legit help you. Instead your absolutely refusing to think outside your own box and possibly become a better rdm, but hey you do you. Don't expect anyone to help you with this attitude though.

Our recent accomplishments

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:09 pm 

OperationFail wrote:
Starbright wrote:

unfortunately I've leveled RDM to 75 more than once.. Nas has a thing for banning me..... Ever think that if you're saying that 10+ people are wrong, maybe you're lacking the ability to critical think?

I didn't parrot anything...... hell, he quoted my post and said he couldn't have said it better himself lol.

As Skitles pointed out, you can do whatever you want. It's your character. You sucking isn't going to bother us at all. You made a post though asking for what you should do, and then received the same answer by everyone and you were like "you're all just sheep"

shut the fuck up and go play FFXI. Don't ask for opinions if you don't want them unless they just agree with you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:32 pm 

Starbright wrote:
shut the fuck up and go play FFXI. Don't ask for opinions if you don't want them unless they just agree with you.

Literally what I said to myself when he posted "I only do content that 5 people can do." Info that should've been in the OP because then we all could've said, "You should do 5/5 Slow 2, but play your game." instead.

ETA: Endgame means sky, sea, dynamis, limbus, HNMs.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:11 am 

Starbright wrote:

I asked what most people would prefer out of Slow II (3/5) or Dia III (2/5). Its right there in the topic title and it's right there in the OP.

What I got was 2 pages of retards saying "Slow 5/5". If you think every red mage needs Slow II at 5/5 and you can't fathom a world without it, I'm not in need of your shitty opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:47 am 

OperationFail wrote:
Starbright wrote:

I asked what most people would prefer out of Slow II (3/5) or Dia III (2/5). Its right there in the topic title and it's right there in the OP.

What I got was 2 pages of retards saying "Slow 5/5". If you think every red mage needs Slow II at 5/5 and you can't fathom a world without it, I'm not in need of your shitty opinion.

It would take you casting Slow II on a wyrm or TOAU king for you to understand why its essential, which is clearly something you aren't doing and aren't interested in. So you're fine to ignore everyone and experiment as you'd like. This is probably the only merit section of any job that can actually be seriously debated. Phalanx is stronger than Phalanx II. So you don't cast that on yourself unless you're just lazy and like the extended timer on it, but again. Weaker. Definitively. Aside from pling yourself hopping in and out of party as needed to cast it and turning your low level character into a god that gets hit for 4's by tough mobs, the rest of the time you cast it as a support onto your tank, the effect it has is very marginal and not worth the use of the merits in my opinion. Dia III is also quite marginal in comparison to Dia II and is a nuisance spending way more mp and lasting 1/4 or 1/2 the time unless you really start blowing a lot of merits into it. 1 merit in para2 is also somewhat useless as it is not going to be really any stronger than para1 and the accuracy you get from 1/5 may actually make it even weaker, and again more mp. I understand wanting to use all of these spells. I wish I would 5/5 all of them and have a super powered rdm. But to me, as hard as it is to choose in this category, you have to go all in on 2 things for the things you choose to be effective. If you spread yourself thin in this category, they will all be of very marginal help and of no help at all in bigger and harder content. I played with different stuff but after a long time and changing merits around a bit, I ended up with 5/5 slow2 and 5/5 para2 on both of my characters rdms.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:58 am 

I think we can all agree that when it comes to actual endgame content and non-endgame content, 5/5 in both Slow II and Paralyze II are the winners as it maximizes damage mitigation, especially when combined with Carnage Elegy. The effect and value of lowering attack speed is tremendous when a fight lasts longer than you'd want to and trivializes anything not immune to the combo.

Ignoring endgame and moving on to the actual topic at hand, I agree that it's up to you to experiment and see what you want and what your team needs, so it may be better to consult with them instead. I don't know the rest of your Group 2 allocations, but even I don't agree with the options you've presented, but for different reasons.

Just to give you an idea and explanation of how I planned mine: 1/5 in all and finishing with 5/5 in Phalanx II (I don't really care much for RDM to finish Phalanx II right now) because I like the efficiency of having all spells unlocked and the maximum support of Phalanx II.

At the highest Enhancing Magic RDM currently obtains (317), Phalanx and Phalanx II are pretty much equal (I don't know how the rounding works on this server, but it should be 28 if it doesn't and 29 if it rounds up, I'll need to finish Phalanx II to see which ends up being stronger in terms of potency, but I'm expecting both to be the same), with Phalanx II having 25% more uptime over Phalanx (3 minutes vs. 4 minutes), costing double the MP (21 vs. 42) and being able to target party members.

Having the rest of the spells at 1/5 is already an automatic upgrade in minimum effect and potency cap over the previous tiers. Yes, Slow II/Paralyze II/Blind II at 1/5 is stronger than just Slow/Paralyze/Blind. The only downside is the increased MP, recast times for some which is a minor inconvenience if you happen to get resisted, and lower duration on Dia III and Bio III (but you shouldn't always be casting these, only when you know you should).

It works really well for me when it comes to soloing and is very versatile in both small groups and bigger content. Perhaps it could work for you too.

If you're absolutely determined on choosing between your options, 2/5 in Dia III is probably the better choice, especially if you're casting it every time it wears off because of the low duration, it also compliments Merit parties extremely well, if the monster is still alive after 1 minute, you've already lost the chain. 1% more Slow isn't really that big of a deal, any Slow > no Slow.

The_Carrot wrote:
Pretty sure 3/5 into slow 2 will require less mind stacked to hit the cap, possibly freeing you up to run mp rings or something, but if your team likes that dia III double the length would probably serve them best.

If your Slow II 1/5 was slowing for 33%, your Slow II 2/5 would be slowing for 34%, you could drop a few MND for your Slow II 2/5 to be slowing at 33% again if you wanted, that's the only time altering dSTAT comes into play, otherwise the dMND required remains the same, putting more points just increases the potency and breaks the cap if you're at max dMND.

The_Carrot wrote:
burn/choke/shock -15? vit/int/mnd or dex/agi/str, coupling rasp/drown/frost

The cap is -13 at 150 INT.

It's not RDM related, but some of these spells have been functioning incorrectly since I started in January 2016.

Burn works correctly.
Frost used to lower MND, now it doesn't lower anything at all when he revamped BLU (Cold Wave), it should be lowering AGI.
Choke works correctly.
Rasp works correctly.
Shock lowers STR instead of MND.
Drown works correctly.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:31 pm 

OperationFail wrote:
Starbright wrote:

Like I said, no one is going to ignore giving the definitive best answer just because an OP doesn’t know it exists. Sorry.

It’s your character go do what you want. Everyone else is just going to tell you what you should want.