Lobby: Up
Online: 45
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:41 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 12:17 am 

I understand everyone saying its an 05' job while everything else is an 08' job, but how would you go about fixing it?

Ideas?

Let your voices be heard fellow Beastmasters!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 1:59 am 

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Bestial_Loyalty

There's a few things BST could get, but Bestial Loyalty is the only thing I want for it.

It will encourage BST to use other jugs besides COURIER CARRIE. It also rewards the BST for actually taking care of their pet by making it "unlimited" until it despawns, every 20 minutes.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 4:03 am 

I don't think Bestial Loyalty would do much besides crater the jug market. Maybe Random Real Amigo Sabotender RNG spam strats too haha. It wouldn't really raise the actual potential of the job, it would mostly save gil or create stupid stuff like 1k needles roulette.

If BSTs are only using Courier Carrie they have no right to complain imo. If you are using Carrie in any situation besides as a cheap disposable jug to soak up hits or handle non-serious content you're doing it wrong.

Just compare her stats to the stats of other 75 jugs. Chucky or Lars (diremite attack OP), Gallahad has better stats too.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 10:39 pm 

While variety in jugs is a nice way to change it up, I don't personally think that is the issue with BST.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 10:56 pm 

A better pet, some DD job abilities/traits, and/or utility.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 11:19 pm 

• Adding in Snarl, first of all
  • Letting pets actually regen when you use Stay
  • Make better jugs more readily available
  • Automatically give party members the BST's killer effects too

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 11:31 pm 

I agree with making better jugs more readily available and with snarl.

I think adding a bit of damage to the jug as well would go a long way.

How is pet accuracy these days?

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:31 am 

I would start by removing the level requirement on pet food as it was pre 9/9/10 so its era accurate or would that be too op therefore we don't get that era accurate change?

Snarl possibly would be nice prolly a nightmare for nasomi to try and code along with Ventriloquy for pup

Regen from stay would be nice and double check regen potency of each pet food is accurate?

aside from that maybe give bsts proper reward value and put there timers to 1:30 instead of the 3min timer and nasomi special reward value

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:39 pm 

swk wrote:
I would start by removing the level requirement on pet food as it was pre 9/9/10 so its era accurate or would that be too op therefore we don't get that era accurate change?

Snarl possibly would be nice prolly a nightmare for nasomi to try and code along with Ventriloquy for pup

Regen from stay would be nice and double check regen potency of each pet food is accurate?

aside from that maybe give bsts proper reward value and put there timers to 1:30 instead of the 3min timer and nasomi special reward value

From all you states you make it sound like all BST needs is more options. Enmity transfer, regen, reward/food fixes etc

Do you think BST damage is currently acceptable? Curious.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:55 pm 

Tiktaks wrote:
swk wrote:

From all you states you make it sound like all BST needs is more options. Enmity transfer, regen, reward/food fixes etc

Do you think BST damage is currently acceptable? Curious.

No, BST definitely has no good damage boost and would need something like that to be viable in an endgame scenario.

It's unlikely that Nasomi will whip up a homebrew solution to that, and goes against SE's original vision for BST, so I wouldn't expect anything to develop there. And if you gave BST a passive damage buff, it'd make soloing trickier unless Snarl was implemented. If it's an active thing like Berserk, that'd help but still wouldn't ultimately do much to make BST competitive with heavy DDs.