Lobby: Up
Online: 65
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ridill Leech Spot?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:00 am 

Any HNMLS that is either recruiting (WAR72 so far) or willing to negociate loot rights for Fafnir's next Ridill? (I suspect most people who had a use for it already have had it for a while? <correct me if im wrong>

lmk

Post subject: Re: Ridill Leech Spot?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:33 am 

Fenriz wrote:
Any HNMLS that is either recruiting (WAR72 so far) or willing to negociate loot rights for Fafnir's next Ridill? (I suspect most people who had a use for it already have had it for a while? <correct me if im wrong>

lmk

Unless you have a really fat wallet, I think you're better off just joining a Linkshell that camps it often, and earn the right to lot on it. Half the server still shows up, hoping to get the NM claim.

If you do join a Linkshell, I suggest you level one or several of the jobs needed for HNMs, like Black mage, Red mage, White mage, Paladin, Bard, Corsair, Summoner, Blue mage and etc. Warrior is useless for the most part.

The more essential jobs you have available, the more attractive and useful you'll be for that Linkshell.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:02 pm 

The Devil Himself, Satan @ Hellfire Lounge wrote:
I suggest you level one or several of the jobs needed for HNMs, like Black mage, Red mage, White mage, Paladin, Bard, Corsair, Summoner, Blue mage and etc. Warrior is useless for the most part.

The more essential jobs you have available, the more attractive and useful you'll be for that Linkshell.

-_- If I had known.... I am a flawed human being... wasting hours of playtime leveling a job I enjoy.. pfft.This is retail all over again... back then I leveled DRK then SAM then THF (then figured I might as well play something other folks enjoy instead of a thing I like, so I went NIN back when they out-tanked god itself /// am I the sole person actually not minding having an alliance with a misfit or two? when it comes to stuff like Absolute Virtue and whatnot I get it but man... ffxi elitism, eh.
Honey Badger don't give a #%@! who needs melee dps when you can manaburn the fvck out of everything with 18 BLMS, lol!

Sorry I had to vent a little... I feel like I wasted 47 days of PT

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:17 pm 

Fenriz wrote:
I suggest you level one or several of the jobs needed for HNMs, like Black mage, Red mage, White mage, Paladin, Bard, Corsair, Summoner, Blue mage and etc. Warrior is useless for the most part.

-_- If I had known.... I am a flawed human being... wasting hours of playtime leveling a job I enjoy.. pfft.This is retail all over again... back then I leveled DRK then SAM then THF (then figured I might as well play something other folks enjoy instead of a thing I like, so I went NIN back when they out-tanked god itself /// am I the sole person actually not minding having an alliance with a misfit or two? when it comes to stuff like Absolute Virtue and whatnot I get it but man... ffxi elitism, eh.
Honey Badger don't give a #%@! who needs melee dps when you can manaburn the fvck out of everything with 18 BLMS, lol!

A large portion of end-game FFXI is not melee friendly in the slightest.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:53 am 

Fenriz wrote:

It wasn't a waste. Warrior is still useful for a lot of content. When I say endgame, I mostly mean the Wyrms, like Vrtra, Jorm, Nid, and etc.

If you like warrior, level it up and enjoy it. That's the most important thing. You can level other jobs in your down time if you decide to do specific endgame stuff.

Drk is my favorite job, but I don't get a lot of chances to play it. However, I still try to enjoy it as much as I can, and I invest in it deeply. I have both Apocalypse and Ragnarok for it, and I have no regrets.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:03 am 

Tensho wrote:
Unless you have a really fat wallet, I think you're better off just joining a Linkshell that camps it often, and earn the right to lot on it. Half the server still shows up, hoping to get the NM claim.

how many gils is Ridill?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:40 am 

I'm an irrelevant and retired player (whom is also sacrificing my 420 posts for this) but i'd imagine a ridilizzle shouldn't run you back more than 10mil these days? I don't know how many new players have circled in and still require it, but back in the day everyone in endgame here had stuff save for things like D ring and track pants.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:37 am 

Aperture wrote:
I'm an irrelevant and retired player (whom is also sacrificing my 420 posts for this) but i'd imagine a ridilizzle shouldn't run you back more than 10mil these days? I don't know how many new players have circled in and still require it, but back in the day everyone in endgame here had stuff save for things like D ring and track pants.

You sacrificed 420 just for me???????? :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:59 am 

Fenriz wrote:
-_- If I had known.... I am a flawed human being... wasting hours of playtime leveling a job I enjoy.. pfft.This is retail all over again...
/// am I the sole person actually not minding having an alliance with a misfit or two?

It hasn't been a waste of time imo but only you can know that, and no you're not alone! I don't see a point to XI if you're metagaming all the time. I got by with drk as my first 75 (at least I had dark magic right?) in an era of low pop. Just expect to level another "more useful" job to really pull your weight in HNM - outside that I love having the spare provoke of main job warrior in a ton of content. The main issue I think you may run into with just warrior is the age of the server combined with the prevalence of burning merits has reduced the value of melee a bit too much for my liking. Low man may be in season with pop down so the awesome JA power, offtanking, and flexible skillchaining that warrior brings should be a good foot in the door somewhere. GL