Lobby: Up
Online: 56
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:46 pm 

i cant create a character or login to either naschat or support for help. after i choose my characters name and appearance i hit enter, and i get protocol timeout error?!?! can someone help me please, i tried to mess with the router setting inside the web browser by signing into the routers settings page with an ip address and all i did was make my turn off my security from high to off and that didnt work.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:50 pm 

Yo, try a different name

Most common reason for that error message is that the name your trying has been taken already.

Let us know how you get on

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:17 pm 

ive tried 3 different names and the game wont load.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:21 pm 

whats the error code?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:23 pm 

FFXI-3113 Protocol time out error.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:00 pm 

Had a look through the forums quickly for the error and character creation, most point to the problem being the name but could be a issue server end and it'll sort itself after time.
Most say this quote is the answer to the problem:

Arzt wrote:
The thing with this error is this:

- You started the game
- You attempted a new character
- Error 3113 shows up. Either you took long on entering the name or the name has been already taken

If you happen to decide simply go back a step or two then change the name and reattempt to enter it, it will still show 3113 due to the first time you attempted. No matter how many times you try, It will shows the error 100% of the time.

The way to fix it is the moment you encountered the error, you must close Nasomi and reopen it again.

It will take you back to the character creation process, sure. But each time the game opens, it's a fresh attempt for the name.

With there being 50,000 Nasomi accounts made (alot are bots or not real) with the abilitly of creating 3 characters each, could be a lot of names taken. Try your names again but close the game each time to reset it to be sure. Cant remember if your able to make your mule account first if you wanted to try a stupid name that your not too bothered about looking at all the time to check to see if it is a name problem.

Other thing i can find is it might be a problem server side thats playing up, as most people dont reply to forum post when the problem has be solved things generally solve themselves. Nas might see this post and it might get fixed if it the problem, but you wont hear if it was and has.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:07 pm 

i entered in the game and created my character thanks nidu!