|2019-07-12 BCNM Update|
The following BCNM's have been tested successfully regarding loot and mechanics, including 2 NEW BCNM's! Emperor/Empress bands have been activated for the weekend so you can collect those seals as well!
|BCNM||Level Cap||Party Size|
|wings of fury||20||3|
|birds of a feather||30||3|
|die by the sword||30||3|
|dropping like flies||30||6|
|let sleeping dogs die||30||6|
|tails of woe||40||6|
|3 2 1||50||6|
|hostile herbivores <-New!||50||6|
|idol thoughts <-New!||50||6|
|treasures and tribulations||50
|come into my parlor||75||6|
|early bird catches the wyrm||75||18|
|hills are alive||75||18|
|horns of war||75||18|
PS - Gobbiebag 75 and 80 items are in bcnm50's.
In this maintenance:
PUP Pt 3
In this maintenance...
Pup Part 2
-To many things to list, but it's all good.
Elevator work started
-Bastok bridge reworked
Healing breath fix
Crab's Stoneskin adjusted
Spell enmity adjusted
66 souls and 5 galka removed due to RMT (๑◕︵◕๑) Please play fair.
And since it's the birthday of the US of A, please enjoy empress and emperor bands until midnight Sunday!
In this maintenance:
BCNM Loot pools fixed:
Hills are Alive
Horns of War
Early Bird Catches the Worm
Treasures & Tribulations
Various security and stability fixes
|2019 Egg Hunt Eggstravaganza!|
It is I, Magical Moogle Henry, and this year I have been put in charge of our Eggstravaganza by the MEC(Moogle Event Committee)! As a result, much effort has been put into hiding eggs throughout Vana'diel. The eggs have been hidden in North Gustaberg, West Sarutabaruta, and East Ronfaure. Each egg has a special letter inscribed on it. Collect eggs with certain combinations and turn them in to your Festive Moogles located in Port Bastok, Windurst Walls, and Port San'dOria for eggcelent rewards! The combinations are as follows:
• First 3 - The first 3 letters of your name
• Strait 8 - Any 8 consecutive letters
• 7 of a kind - Any 7 eggs with the same letter
As a special bonus, emperor/empress bands will be active for the duration of the event, 4/14 through 4/29!
So get out there and get your egg on, or you'll end up with yolk on your face!
In this maintenance...
• Fixed a melee tp issue where it wasn't gaining properly
• Fixed a crash involving throwing weapons
• Fixed cyclone wing
• Fixed LoO spawn conditions
• Fixed some crates in limbus which could let you reset your 2hr's to frequently
• Fixed an issue with ammo not adding in tp
• Fixed a duration issue with tonko and deodorize
In this maintenance:
• Fishing spots can "dry up", if you don't catch anything after a while, try a new spot!
• Ranged calculations have been reworked to have an optimal range! Short bow, long bow, cross bow, gun, and throwing weapons all have different optimum ranges. Certain distances will be better, some will be worse.
• OWNM's should no longer cause zone crashes if you mistakenly zone them.
• Fixed a bug where you might homepoint unintentionally.
• Fixed a bug where cover might cause you to crash.
• Fixed a bug where all melee weapons had an unintended additional delay of 500ms.
• Fixed a bug with hundred fists delay wasn't being calculated properly.
• Fixed a bug where you would lock up while fishing.
Sadly PUP didn't make it but it's coming soon!
|2019 Valentines Day Event!|
We here at the MEC(Moogle Event Committee) have been up to our wings in chocolate getting ready for that magical time of year when two hearts destined to be be together inevitably become entwined! To s-s-spread the love everywhere we're asking YOU adventurers to help us out!
To help us all you have to do is visit a festive moogle in Port Bastok, Windurst Walls, or Port San'dOria. There you will receive two pieces of chocolate. But one of them must be exchanged with someone elses chocolate to receive a matching pair. There are people throughout the starting cities waiting for those pair who can make them become one. Hand them over and they will give you back the chocolate melted back together. From there, bring the completed piece back to one of the festive moogles for your reward!
For those wishing to step it up a notch...
We need some chocolate delivered to Lower Jeuno, as well as Tavnazian Safehold. Now we're not saying to run out and get yourself killed... But if you do, we can assure you the reward will be worth your while!
|2019 Superbowl! Rams vs. Patriots!|
Super Bowl Sunday? Super EXP Sunday!
Don't care about the game? Get your EXP on! Friends and family neglecting you for some silly foosball game? Get EXP!
• Emperor and Empress bands are enabled!
• If you don't buy one of these, you won't be able to buy anything else. And they won't work.
Care about the game? Show you're support for your team by placing your bets!
• Bet in any increment!
• All bets will be taken in Lower Jeuno
• • To side with the Los Angelas Rams, visit Gurdern.
• • To side with the New England Patriots, visit Shashan-Mishan
• If your team wins, you will get your gil back plus a percent of the bets placed for the losing team!
In this maintenance:
Zone invis should be resolved. If it's not, report it in naschat.
MACC fixes are live.
OWNM agro adjustments have been made.
Cactrot Rapido fixed?
Reward values adjusted.
Starlight has ended. Have to get ready for some foolsball.
We'll have a stream this evening to go over adjustments.
|Re: 2019-01-26 Maintenance|
We’re aware of some unintended side effects of today’s maintenance and are working to correct them.
Maintenance has happened.
In this maintenance was BST ramp 2/2:
Jug pets revamp
MNK pets adjustment
Trade bugs fixed
Zoning invis fixed
Qu'bai BCNM fixes so you can leave
Fei'yin NM adjustments
|2018-12-21 Starlight Celebration & XP Event!|
It is I, Magical Moogle, wishing you the happiest of holidays! We will be beginning our Starlight Celebration right now!
Unfortunately the festive moogles have been so busy putting up decorations, they haven't had time to hand out their starlight cards. As a result, they would be very appriciative of you, the adventurer, passing the cards out for the festive moogles.
You can find a festive moogle in Port Bastok, Windurst Walls, Port San'doria, and even Jueno!
P.S. I talked to the big man, and he said he'll turn on empress/emperor bands until the 26th due to recent issues, so get that XP while the XP is good to get!
|2018-12-21 Launcher Update|
Phase I: Mobs & Missions has been implemented. Most notorious monsters have been removed.
Phase II will result in the removal of the gear rented from ezmode nm's, enjoy it while it lasts.
Beastmaster tuning (1 of 2) has taken place where charm levels were calculated improperly.
Dawn Mulsum has been adjusted.
Party revamp should alleviate most issues with parties.
Monsters should no longer agro through the floor on boats.
Please look forward to PVP in the next patch!
|2018-12-11 ToAU Roadmap|
Greetings players! The rumor mill has been full steam ahead, so I thought I'd shed a little light on where things stand and where they're going.
The Q&A is slotted to be finished before year's out. If you have not already submitted a question, you can do so on the maintenance tab of the account page. If you wish to change your question, simply submit a new one, and the old one will be overwritten.
ToAU was disabled a few years ago for a few reasons. The mobs were horribly broken, the content was uncoded or coded poorly, and a lot of work needed to go into the core to have it function properly. I felt that with current population levels hovering around 300 online at peak hours coupled with the massive amount of work that needed to go into the base game, RoZ, and CoP expansions, it was best that it would simply be disabled so all mobs were put at level 99.This prevented most of the content while retaining the ability to unlock the ToAU jobs.
Over the past couple years there have been tons of work on the the back end regarding mob ai, evasion, accuracy, and exp re-balancing. With population boom after population boom, some areas are becoming a bit cramped. I feel that at this point, focus needs to turn to re-opening up the ToAu expansion.
The expansion will be gradually phased in as content is completed:
• Phase I: Mobs & Missions - The mission aspect has been completed with only a little work needed on some of the battles to get them coded properly. The mobs are being completely reworked from the ground up, and there's over 3000 of them. Phase I work began two weeks ago and should be ready by week's end.
• Phase II: Quests & Notorious Monsters - ToAU has a ton of engaging quests and exciting notorious monsters. This type of content is important, otherwise it's just a hack & slash grind to the top. The most important factor separating FFXI from other MMO's is that there is interesting content at all levels, and we're going to keep it that way.
• Phase III: Assault & Besieged - I believe these are important into keeping the world dynamic, changing from one week to the next, instead of playing in a static environment. It adds a sense of realism to the world, and adds the ability for the players to engage and make a difference.
• Phase IV: ZNM's & Beyond - Not going to get to ahead of myself, we'll see how things are when it gets to this point.
These content updates will necessarily be sequential though. BCNM50's, 60's, and ENM's are still being worked on, BST and PUP re-balancing is also on the table. And Windurst 9-2 certainly has not been forgotten. These updates will come either separately or coupled with one of the ToAU Phases.
And last but not least, cheating/RMT is still prohibited, and will not be tolerated in any way. Another RMT sweep has gone through, this is critical to keeping a balanced economy and combating inflation. Please play fair™.
The Starlight celebration will be kicked off by a level 1 Fun Run from Beaucedine Glacier to the Cloister of Frost where players have to make their way without dying, the details will be announced closer to the event. The first 3 to arrive will receive special items, so please look forward to it!
It's that time of the year again where it's nice to sit back and relax, reflect on some of the things we're happy for. A time where family gathers around, we enjoy some turkey and other heavy foods, and rest up for that big shopping day.
I, for one, am grateful for my friends and family that surround and support me, a good career, and of course, my labor of love, FFXI. These things keep me going day in and day out. It gives life meaning and purpose.
So be sure to spend some time with friends and family and enjoy the holidays.
P.S. If you have no friends/family, or don't like them, screw 'em we got you covered. XP bands from now until midnight est friday.
Many fixes and additions:
Fixed an issue with claiming where you couldn't get credit if aoe'd mobs
Added pet item gear
Imposed 100 per character Auction House listing limit
Fixed SAM AF3
More BLU adjustments/features/additions
Avatar Stat adjustments
Added YELL function to be region wide with 10 minute cooldown
Fixed a BLU bcnm
Ranged ACC fixes + Sole Sushi fix
Numerous exploit fixes
|2018 Halloween SPOOOOOKtacular!|
We have one more trick up our sleeve! In Bastok Markets, Windurst Waters, and Northern San'doria, you will have the opportunity to get in costume and listen to a special super secret ghost's stories! Bonus if you do it in all 3 nations! This event will end at 8pm tomorrow night.
|2018 Harvest Festival|
Hello, gourd-geous! Howl are you? I know you're dying to have fun, so here it comes!
We are pleased to announce the 2018 Har-har-harvest Festival! We've been creeping it real over here at the MFOC (Moogle Festival Organization Committee) and we have some super special spooky surprises in store! That'll give 'em pumpkin to talk about. Just visit your local Festive Moogle for your super scary costume, and get spooking! There's many prizes to be had, see if you can collect them all!
Eat, drink, and be scary!
Aaaaaaand there was some systematic changes to the underlying world.
Many blue mage things have been adjusted/fixed
Troubador macc adjusted
Many SMN adjustments
Tons of equipment that should affect pets now does
Warrior Tomahawk merited ability is now functional
Complete claim system revamp which limits the number of red mobs you can have
Various stability fixes