Online: 41
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: ForgottenSouls Linkshell
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:15 am 

ForgottenSouls
We are the ForgottenSouls: The Community in which SE Left behind when they implemented the 99 Cap

ForgottenSouls originated as a linkshell on the FFXI Garuda/Lakshmi Server, in early 2005. After migrating to Nasomi we want to be ready to hit the ground running when end game is upon us as well for those who wanted to pursue more end-game dedicated content such as Dynamis and Sky/Sea/HNMs. We characterize ourselves as being a safe haven, free of elitism, with a dedication towards building community and friendships. We have a long, strong history and we're looking for people to stick with us and see everything that Nasomi has to offer - in it for the long haul.

Our values and desire for a strong community have not wavered in the slightest. That vision drives us in all the decisions we make during our tenure in Vana'diel. We believe that community is the defining characteristic of MMO’s, and is what draws many people to play an MMO in the first place. Built upon that, ForgottenSouls strives to accomplish all facets that Nasomi has to offer, while never losing our grip on community. What this means is that instead of being an end game linkshell, we are a social linkshell that will do end game. Whatever facets of the game people have interest in, if we have the resources to accomplish it, and the infrastructure to support it, we will attempt it.

Our Goal:
Our measure of success is how strong of a community we have been able to build, not the amount of elite gear our members have. We have no interest in focusing on being a strict hardcore end game linkshell that excludes other members who would rather focus on another aspect of the game. That’s not to say we won't do end game. On the contrary, when the interest is there, we supply a framework, and a system under which a portion of our linkshell can regularly participate. We simply mean that end game is not an exclusionary characteristic of our linkshell's vision.

To start with, our primary goal will be to develop our characters and complete quests and missions in preparation for endgame. Once a majority of our members is prepared, we will make the transition to endgame. From the beginning, events will be planned and scheduled as needed to assist in the success of our primary goal. Like I said, endgame is not an exclusionary characteristic of our linkshell's vision.

We believe that if we focus on community, the gear will come. If we focus on community, we will all be able to achieve our goals. If we focus on community, Missions/Quests will be completed; Endgame content can be done, But we will never actively seek fame on Nasomi by becoming obsessed with getting the best time in a Mission, or by being obsessed with gear, or being obsessed with leveling and rush to end game. If we focus on community, when we embark upon new adventures in Vana'diel, it will be with FRIENDS, not STRANGERS.

Lastly, when the time comes, we plan to implement a Bidding DKP system in hopes to maintain fair experience for all members when endgame is reached. No system is perfect and I’m more than willing to make adjustments as we become a stronger community, but I do believe that DKP helps to maintain order. In addition; bank, policy, event planning, and explanations for decisions will be made available for members to see. I don’t believe in secrets, they cause more harm then good. With every system we are aware of the possible negative outcome but we also believe in empowering our members. Every step will be taken to avoid such encounters and we definitely welcome feedback.

What We Expect:
If you are applying to ForgottenSouls, then you are agreeing to put all your energy into the success of our community and its members. There will be events that we do that not everyone will need or like doing. This is natural in every MMO, but we expect our members to participate and aid in the growth of our members and our community.

At this time we’re not going to place strict standards on our recruitment. All are welcome to apply (new to MMO’s or veteran players), but we do have some simple expectations:

* You will represent yourself as a Mature individual in and outside of ForgottenSouls
* You will absolutely be Respectful to everyone in ForgottenSouls.
* Joking and playing around is a must, but it will always be kept Friendly.
* If you join ForgottenSouls, then you are agreeing to be Dedicated to our goals.
*Active Player - We want people who will play enough to be considered active on the game and up for anything during our leveling/questing explorations. First and foremost we want to have fun!

Come join us, and make our family... yours!

If interested in joining ForgottenSouls, send me a /tell Hixc or Reply to this post expressing interest. Also feel to check out our website to apply: http://forgottensouls.org Thank You

Last edited by hixc on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:52 am, edited 21 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:06 pm 

Wouldn't let me PM for some reason (maybe account too new apparently?) & couldn't see you in-game.
Definitely interested though, either PM or /t Reece for more info!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:59 am 

Ill be in game for a while, ill look for you

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:58 am 

Hi,
Im interest in the Linkshell too, im very low and can't get fast to 75 because of RL atm.
In what time zone you guys want to do event's, Im gmt+1, i work shift so i can stay up sometimes until 3 am (but later is bad my wife would kill me ^^;)

So now something about me,
Im like you guys, i stopped before the lvl cap got to 99, last addon was wings of goddess, i killed everything (even the dragons who didnt drop anything good), without AV, Odin and i missed Dyna Tavanzia win so far i played.
I played endgame as whm/brd/pld/blm (most brd/whm), but i haven't decided what i play on nasomi yet, i wanted to try rng, well we see, but i lvl also brd and blm.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:20 am 

We are active primarily between 6pm-4am EST; However, we have players who play at all different times. As we get closer to endgame.. Friday and Saturday nights will be suggested. Feel free to ask me any questions in-game.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:48 pm 

Hi there, Est Player here and I'm interested in finding an active shell that's aiming for endgame. (Char name is same as this)

Currently 75 sam on main. alt is 70 blm. Plans are to start pld on main and rdm on alt (if the price of refresh ever comes down...).

I played back during na release on Fairy server and quit around the 99 cap. (have experience in endgame) I'll look for you this evening or sometime this weekend.

Peace,

Lim~

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:19 am 

Although I can't really jump on board full-on, (gotta stay loyal to the Gilgamesh crew that has a presence here on Nasomi) I am always around to help with random things if you need it. If that's good enough to merit having a pearl, feel free to hit me up. If not, let me know if you or your guys need assistance with anything and if I'm not busy I'll make some time to lend a helping hand. :)

Let's do the Time Warp again!

New to Nasomi and have a question? PM me, I'd be glad to help!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:44 pm 

Anybody who wants to help out other members, I have a home for those people. We are getting fairly active and could use the extra help

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:11 pm 

Yo! Returning from retail here! Hit me up, Riosu in game. (please).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:05 am 

Welcome to the Linkshell Riosu!