Lobby: Up
Online: 31
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Private server questions
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:52 pm 

Using private servers is new to me, when I decided to play on Nasomi I did a second windows install/partition for it and I dual boot onto that when I play. I was wondering, if I want to play on another server, or if I want to resubscribe to retail, can I use this same install? I'm not sure if my terminology is correct, but the client I'm using now, if I patch it according to another server like I did with Nasomi, will they be in conflict or the new one preclude the other? I guess this question assumes they would all be on the same version, if that's at all likely. Thanks for any help!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:42 pm 

When you launch ashita, the bottom two options are retail windowed and retail full screen. You can play the retail game without issue with the same installation.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:31 pm 

You can use the same install, yes. If you want to use retail, just replace the pol.exe from Nasomi with retail's pol.exe. If you want to play on another server, you'll have to do the same but use their pol.exe instead of retail's

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:47 am 

Fuzzel wrote:
You can use the same install, yes. If you want to use retail, just replace the pol.exe from Nasomi with retail's pol.exe. If you want to play on another server, you'll have to do the same but use their pol.exe instead of retail's

you can use the same pol.exe that nasomi uses for other private servers, all you have to do to play on another private server is create a new profile in ashita and in the command box put the server ip of the server you want to play on, with --server before it, thats it. so for nasomi its --server nasomi.com, so just replace nasomi.com with the other servers address

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:11 am 

xandman wrote:
Fuzzel wrote:

you can use the same pol.exe that nasomi uses for other private servers, all you have to do to play on another private server is create a new profile in ashita and in the command box put the server ip of the server you want to play on, with --server before it, thats it. so for nasomi its --server nasomi.com, so just replace nasomi.com with the other servers address

Ah I figured I had that wrong >.> I couldn't remember, it's been awhile since i've switched to another server lol