Lobby: Up
Online: 41
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:09 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Consistent Game Crash
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:31 am 

So i've been playing on Nasomi for about 3 weeks now, and this bug is very consistent:

Once I've been in a zone for a while (> 1hr, typically when fighting in exp pt) I've noticed that all in-game music and sounds cut out. First, the music goes, then a couple of fights later, all sfx go. Then visual bugs begin to happen...auto-run animations when attacking... Not see others sheathe/unsheathe... abilities with no visual effects..etc. Finally, I either get locked into a menu or if I zone, the game then loads with a full black screen and I have to exit by closing the launcher (menus, typing & commands no longer work). Once I log back in, everything returns to normal, but the problem comes back if I stay in a zone for too long.

I've tried fixing it numerous ways... removing the /fps 1 out of my default...launching as admin...re-installing game files...editing resolutions...nothing seems to fix the issue. I've asked around and it seems unique to only me, so I'm turning to the forums for some help.

Thank you all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:37 pm 

Sounds like some sort of crazy client bug. You'll have a better time asking somewhere else because this sort of thing wouldn't happen only on this server, but potentially to anyone playing FFXI.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:46 pm 

Just as an update:

I've noticed it ONLY happens once i've gone into battle. I can stay in a city for hours on end...fishing/crafting/running around and it does not crash, however after I start a battle... in about 30 minutes my game begins to bug out. I haven't downloaded the new client so I'm hopeful that will fix it because this bug kills the immersion for me.