Lobby: Up
Online: 31
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:41 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:03 pm 

Guys, I'm pretty confident I have found a stable solution.

After more research I tried using dgVoodoo2, put its dll's in polboot folder (and also in FFXI and POL original folders just to be sure) and after a bit of tweaking in its settings I was able to boot FFXI using Nvidia GTX! At first it crashed almost right away after login, but then I de-selected v-sync in dgvoodoo setup and raised virtual3Dacccelerated card VRAM to 510MB, ticked off also the application controlled fullscreen/windowes state.
Now I'm logged in in Sandy with proper FPS and it doesn't crash!

Hopefully this will be useful to others too. If you run in any other problem try changing also FFXI config settings like Font quality to uncompressed.

Have a nice day, see you in game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:19 pm 

Could you post a detailed explanation how you did it? I downloaded that voodoo2 program but I have no idea what to do now

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:38 am 

Just put the 3 .dll files found in dgvoodoo/MS inside the folder with the executable you want to be used with.

Then follow the steps I wrote down in last post. In particular, set the FFXIconfig, fonts should be uncompressed, and not high quality, otherwise it will crash.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:26 am 

The glide.ddls ? I downloaded voodoo. I just put those 3 files into my playonline folder and then start the game or do I have to do something with the voodoo program itself. It is a weird program.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:44 pm 

Yeah I didn't understand it either first....you have to set up dgvoodoo using the setup found inside the folder.

Skip the glide panel as FFXI doesn't use glide, but directx.

the 3 dlls are

D3D8
DEDImm
DDraw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:51 pm 

Tried this fix today. Do not use version 2.54: player, mob etc models will not load, only names. Use 2.53.

Edit: Version 2.53 had crashing issues. Version 2.55 hasn't been released yet but an interim version 2.54 has been that fixes the missing models:
https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... &start=169

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:21 am 

Hey guys. I found a really good solution for the GPU problem. Nothing else worked for me. I tried everything with dgvoodoo but no luck. The solution I found is from the creator of Ashita. It is a single .dll file that needs to be placed into Ashita/ffxi-bootmod folder. No .exe or anything. Just paste it into that folder and done. After quite some time my second GPU is being used by FFXI and not the integrated one. Boosted me from 15 fps in cities to constant 60 :)

Here's the link: http://ashita.atom0s.com/forums/viewtop ... t=142#p386

Worked for a friend of mine aswell.
There is also a .ini which is pretty well documented but I haven't touched it.