Lobby: Up
Online: 84
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:39 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:18 am 

Hey guys, been a while :D Now I decided to upgrade my laptop with a rog gl552vw, the only problem I have after setting all up, is that with Ashita I can't seem to let the pc know to use the Geforce GT960m. Instead it uses the integrated Intel one. How do I know? I get 20 fps in Sandy....I tried another game and it seems running fine, but this bothers me as I would play ffxi mainly on this....
Anyone has a solution? I tried almost everything. Tried to run Ashita with right click and selecting nvidia card but it won't let me, saying I don't have enough privileges and should set up from nvidia control panel. Only thing is I tried to put ashita in list of programs and set it up to use nvidia card. Tried to throw in it pol.exe too just in case. Nothing changed....shitty fps for an old game on a new machine. I have been messing with it for two days and i'm on the verge to quit...help would be appreciated, thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:57 am 

Reading around, it seems a known problem with various applications. I found something like this http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1053 ... us-laptops but I really don't know how to add variables to programs...

Also I should add, my BIOS has NO options to turn Optimus down, ofc.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:32 am 

Found this https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... idia-gpu-/

As it states "This game uses Direct3D8 i think, which is not compatible with the way nvidia optimus and AMD's gpu switching techs without some tweaking of the profile."

There seem to exist NO workaround to this BS.....I'll have to get rid of this useless piece of crap I guess.

If someone finds or come up with a genius workaround it will be great.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:56 am 

Ashita doesn't pick a gpu, the OS determines when to activate it. You can specify in graphics settings to always and only use the non-integrated GPU when plugged in, when battery is above 50%, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:26 pm 

Yea, this is all BIOS and OS related, not game/program related. You need to turn on/off things in BIOS to make sure that its actually enabling everything. But like the poster said above, its probably has to do with powersaving mode.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:43 pm 

Nope, I can guarantee you this is not an option found in my BIOS....it is very basic and won't offer me any chance of choosing such things. I already set performance mode in power options, and in Geforce control panel I specified to use only Nvidia card in global settings but it seems not affecting FFXI at all....because of directx 8. This is really hard to solve, I am really on the verge of considering selling this freakin piece of crap.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:44 pm 

What PC/model do you have? There is no way this isn't a BIOS/OS problem. Also... since you said its capped at 30 fps, you can make it 60fps. You simply type /fps 1 in game to do it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:41 am 

I figured it out, the pc and graphic card are fine. It's a ROG and the nvidia gpu depends on the integrated one, so if you de activate that one, the nvidia simply tells you it doesn't have monitor attached, that's because it relies on the intel one. Having said that, with every pther game it's been working fine, it isn't just possible to boot FFXI with this configuration as the switch operated by Optimus, doesn't kick in with directx8, and since it doesn't have a normal launcher the nvidia control panel can't be used. I tried puttin pol.exe, ashita, and ffxi.exe in it and no difference. It's not a capping fps problem either, since it goes down till 14 sometimes, it struggles for 28-30. Really annoying

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:35 pm 

Yeah i had this problem with my laptop, i cant use the 940m in it while not great it is still twice as fast as the igp on the i5 4th gen cpu it's forced to use for ffxi, some incompatibilility with optimus and dx8, and intel hd graphics are terrible with ffxi and dx8, i am forced to run it at some super low res just to maintain 30 fps, luckily i have my desktop most of the time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:45 am 

I have the same problem and there doesn't seem to be a solution for it. I have tried like everything so far. Just sucks lol. Laptop can run stuff like BF4 and other things but lags in FFXI.