Lobby: Up
Online: 75
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:51 am 

Glad I'm not the only one...but still, some big head nerd should find a workaround, I don't know how...but I know nothing's impossible. Well...in the meantime I'll continue play FF XII on emulator....hope to get it working soon so I can rejoin vanadiel. Not gonna play with these settings, though. Need moar quality and fps, ffs it's a 2003 game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:19 pm 

I did small steps toward victory, installed ReShade on pol bootmod and it forces the gpu to use it, since it has d3d8to9 that binds somehow directx8 to 9.

Although it boots up, the loader suddenly crashes after few seconds, like if the gpu shuts off after booting up the game.
I'm thinking..there was a workaround to prevent the client crashing while gpu suddenly freezes, but I can't remember it, I used it on my old lap, time ago...maybe this could help a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:26 am 

Well, since I got no indications....I guess you won't see me for a good while. I'll try in the next days, when my SSD comes, to install WIN7 forcing win10 drivers. That should do the trick, if I can manage to make everything work.
Thanks and have a nice day.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:32 pm 

Hey I have this exact problem on my *GAMING* laptop(ikr) I recently bought for around $1k, i have an nvidia gtx 960m as well as integrated, ive spoken to nvidia about this. They stated in their words this is 'working as intended' and theres nothing to fix. Changing to windows 7 or drivers will not change a thing.

I Bought a new laptop though and I'm giving my ROG to my GF instead, never buying another laptop without a dedicated card....or trusting nvidia for that matter to do something stupid like abandon direct x 8.

Just a tip though, going into BIOS you allocate more memory to the integrated and the game is quite playable, for some reason default is 64mb of video memory on the integrated card....you should be able to boost yours to 512.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:18 pm 

Stivo wrote:
Hey I have this exact problem on my *GAMING* laptop(ikr) I recently bought for around $1k, i have an nvidia gtx 960m as well as integrated, ive spoken to nvidia about this. They stated in their words this is 'working as intended' and theres nothing to fix. Changing to windows 7 or drivers will not change a thing.

I Bought a new laptop though and I'm giving my ROG to my GF instead, never buying another laptop without a dedicated card....or trusting nvidia for that matter to do something stupid like abandon direct x 8

the 960m is a dedicated card, this is how they all work now tho with switching gfx its just unfortunate it doesnt work with dx8, the 960m can play pretty much any new game on at least medium 1080p or high 720p 30+fps which isnt bad for a mid range mobile card.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:47 am 

Thanks for the infos and the video memory tip :)

I'm pretty confident the problem will not be present in Win7, it's a driver thing, I read online that Optimus wrks with directx8 before win10.

I'll try anyway, just to be extra sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:20 pm 

So BIOS/OS problem, like I originally said -.-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:16 pm 

xandman wrote:
Stivo wrote:

I Bought a new laptop though and I'm giving my ROG to my GF instead, never buying another laptop without a dedicated card....or trusting nvidia for that matter to do something stupid like abandon direct x 8

the 960m is a dedicated card, this is how they all work now tho with switching gfx its just unfortunate it doesnt work with dx8, the 960m can play pretty much any new game on at least medium 1080p or high 720p 30+fps which isnt bad for a mid range mobile card.

I just bought a new laptop, the laptop I have has no integrated, the card is running all the time and is fully dedicated to the PC, thats what I meant. Also FFXI runs amazing, then again its Radeon, so Nvidia, never again!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:32 pm 

Stivo wrote:
xandman wrote:
Stivo wrote:

I just bought a new laptop, the laptop I have has no integrated, the card is running all the time and is fully dedicated to the PC, thats what I meant. Also FFXI runs amazing, then again its Radeon, so Nvidia, never again!

really? i know radeon do the whole switching thing as well. Whats the specs/model of the laptop?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:45 am 

lol.