Lobby: Up
Online: 63
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:15 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:35 pm 

Ok well me and my girlfriend both play but can't log at the same time unless I use my wifi hotspot on my phone. I can't keep doing this every time we want to play together. What can I do to be able to have both on the same IP? Any way to do this?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:45 pm 

Shouldn't have to do anything special. It should be working just fine.

Plenty of people play with more than 1 machine per IP.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:35 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
Shouldn't have to do anything special. It should be working just fine.

Plenty of people play with more than 1 machine per IP.

I'll keep trying. we have been having some weird stuff happen. I thought it said you cant have 2 users on the same IP or you would get band. thank you for the response!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:42 pm 

you can have as many people as you want per household playing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:24 pm 

I've run into this problem afew times. only ever happened when we tried to log in together at relative same time. we just ended up letting one person log in first. give it a minute then next one log in afterwards.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:25 pm 

When my daughter and I play....If I log in first, and she logs in next...my character will pop up on her log in screen, even though her account and password is completely different than mine. Usually if we log out and do it again we are fine. Just some weird bug but concerns me that someone can access my character when they are not on my account or have my password. At least it's my daughter but how easy is it for someone else to do.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:27 pm 

That only happens if you log in at relatively the same time and are on the same IP.

No one is going to get unauthorized access to your characters except maybe people living with you, on rare occasions, due to how the server handles packets from the same IP.

FFXI is UDP based. There is no persistent connection actually happening with the server. That's why it can get confused if it's trying to communicate with another client on the exact same IP.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:50 pm 

Appreciate the info! I really am lacking in my knowledge on this subject. I think I was the one person who did not get into computers in highschool - 20+ years ago lol.....My biggest mistake ever! lol. Thank you Nabutso for always having an answer and responding in timely fashion....even if some do not like the answer, it is still very appreciated!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:32 pm 

Ya I have 2 characters. If I try to log in both at the same time, I usually get Sodaru on both screens. Best practice is log one in, let it "settle" I.E finish downloading and everything, then log the 2nd in.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:56 pm 

I have a question. Atm my sister is using my computer to play until she can purchase a new computer for herself.

She has registered on the forums, but how do I set up her own log in?

Am I'm breaking any rules, with more than one person per i.p/computer?